• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgallagher

displayname
David Gallagher
I have a friend who has a 1440. I am very familiar with the 125, 129, and 149 but know very little about the 1440. He has a problem with play in the steering wheel. Does the steering sector come out of the 1440 like the 149 or is there room under it to make an adjustment? Thanks

David, looks like the 1440 has an adjustable steering column. Not sure how it removes. For exploded views go to the "Cub Cadet Parts Lookup" website, use the link button above. Enter in 1440 into the "Model Name/Number:" menu and click the "Search" button. Then select the serial number range for the two series that come up on the left side of the page and select the "Upper Steering" and/or "Lower Steering" from the "Illustrated Parts List" that shows up on the right side of the page, click on the "+" to expand the list. You can click on any of the choices that come up under the "Illustrated Parts List" these exploded views can be quite helpful for working on Cubs. Hope the above info makes sense. Give the website a try it's actually easier to use then my description would indicate.
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back