• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

129 Left front spindle

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbartley

displayname
Keith Bartley
Hi, new to the board. I own a '72 or '73 model 129 cub and I broke the left front spindle and am looking for a replacement either new or used. Does anyone know a good source. I have checked out some of the online parts distributors but have had no luck yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Keith B.
Don't ya magine that putting a Wanted ad in the Wanted section might do a little more good than off out here all by it's lonsesome? Just askin.
biggrin.gif

Hey Charlie...Part II: On top of that, a 129 isn't a lawn tractor. Last time I checked it was a Cub Cadet Garden Tractor...
bash.gif

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Keith B:

First, Welcome to the Forum.
41054.jpg

Here is a Diagram of what you need. This part can be obtained from your local Cub Cadet or Case-IH Dealer, as well as the above sponsors.

41055.jpg

Used parts can be seen on places like Ebay.

The CC 129 is considered a Garden Tractor. This section is for lawn tractors. This question could have been posted in either the General Topics or the Want Ad section of the classifieds.

thumbsup.gif

Thanks Roland for the part number. That is exactly what I need, now I can do some more research. Sorry if I offended anyone with were this was posted but a simple newbie mistake that anyone can make. The nuances between lawn and garden tractors are lost on me as I just use this great vintage machine to mow my grass every week. I completely redid this machine a few years ago including new paint and decals and my wife has called it my baby since then.

Keith, welcome to the forum, you didn't offend anyone, they were just pointing a couple of things out to help you get your next posts in a better place. And please come back and post more there are a lot of very helpful guys here, including Charlie and Myron.
happy.gif

It is interesting the that picture is drawn backwards of what the spindle really looks like. Roger

Keith, not sure if this will be of great help but I had a local machine shop weld in a new shaft on my spindle. I believe it cost me about 25.00 and it looked like new.

Latest posts

Back