1282 Hydrostat runs in reverse, not in forward

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgash

displayname
Jerry Gash
I just bought this 1282 Cub Cadet last fall. It will not run in forward. I bought a new CC filter, drained the old fluid, cleaned gears, installed new gasket, added new Case Hy-tran fluid. It runs great in reverse, but will not run in forward. Any ideas to start with. Thanks in advance, Jerry

Jerry sound like your one release valve is stuck. Take the tunnel cover off and pressure was the hydro and then swap the release valves and see if it will go forward. Then note which one was originally in which hole and remove the bad one and take it apart and clean it or try to get a replacement from one of the sponsors above.

Jerry G:

This is what Hugh is talking about. These valves [item #1] are interchangeable. The ones depicted here have the manual release button in the top. Yours most likely have the automatic ones , thus you would not see these buttons.

If some gunk gets into these valves and hinders their function, problems can occur. Remove each valve, use your favorite cleaning fluid, make sure that the internal ball is free to travel up & down, blow out real good, then re-install.

54087.jpg

It works just great now. that I took the valves out and cleaned them. Thanks for the help, Hugh and Roland. Jerry

Latest posts

Back