• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1000 does this have an oil filter

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dghealy

displayname
Dorothy Healy
please dont laugh at me, but I cant find the oil filter. does it have one? do the older GT's have no filter? and if I just drain the oil, how many qts do I replace?Thanks.
Serial # 6415352

Dorothy - there's a typo in Charlie's message. It's supposed to be "pints".
The capacity of your 10hp Kohler K241AQS engine is 2.5 pints (not quarts).

Suggest you go to the Manuals link and download the Operator Manual that has this info and lots more.

Actually its,
307889.jpg

Charlie and David - geez, now we're really going to confuse Dorothy.

Charlie - I believe the chart you posted is in error. I know it's page 34 from the Operator Manual but if you go to page 41 you'll see the crankcase capacity shown as 2 1/2 pints. I believe 2 1/2 pints is correct because the 10hp engine has the flat bottom oil pan. The 12hp and larger engines have the dished pan which has the 3 pint capacity. I'll post the chart from page 41 below.

Dorothy - suggest you install 2 1/2 pints and check your oil level. I believe you'll find it full at that point. If not you can add more. Please let us know what capacity you end up with.

Here's the chart from the Specifications section (page 41) of the QL Operator Manual available in the Manuals section of the Forum.

307907.jpg

Latest posts

Back