Where can you buy American Made tire tubes in our sizes?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Self

Well, at least not Made in China...?
I have a Cadet 60, and the tubes are ridiculous small.
TIA
JOS

I think Firestone tubes are made in Vietnam. Just about everything else is made in China. I can't remember the last time I saw a US-made tire tube.

John, those little tires are tough to get off. My local tire distributor has a special jig fixture and buzzes them off. I have had them install tubes in my RER 85 special. They are metal angled stems and work great on my workers. I don’t know the brand or origin though.

Last year I used some Firestone tubes to fit two 4.80 x 8 tires. I'd had the tubes for a few years, and they were ink stamped "Made in USA"....in Arkansas, I think.

best tubes i ever had were my bike’s in the 80’s. the tires have since been replaced, but those tubes are still in service!
no tubes i’ve encountered since have even come close to such lifespan.
i fear that the recipe for those good old tubes has long since been shelved in favor of “cheaper” ingredients that age about like bananas.
and if it ain’t the tube itself, the dadgum valve stem fails.

There are several Carlstar (formerly Carlisle) made in the US but most the small stuff is china, vietnam, Philippines etc. I have a zero turn with Tweels all the way around- made in piedmont south carolina by a french company !

Latest posts

Back