What's up with the ammo shortage?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang Schultzie. You're kind far away from here otherwise I'd go up to the house for you. What's the worse that could happen?
happy.gif
Sometimes one must trust their heart when they go some new or even everyday place. None of us will live forever. If it is truly our time for us to be called HOME then literally ALL the guns and ammunition in the universe won't prevent that from happening.

Bill J. Those bring back some neat memories. Those two had some fantastic songs. And yes... THAT is the kind of banjo music that I was referring to. Not the Deliverance kind.

Now for another oldie but goodie from the Class of 1966. Although I like this one from the Class of 1968 better. Less violent.

Harry B.
Just last fall I wasted a good pair of welding gloves and one of my last pieces of asbestos recreating Minnesota's ex-governors scene in the movie Predator!
I made up 2 belts 8 ft. long and let'r eat!!!!
Anything over that and the barrel gets kinda red, LOL

Jeff B.
The very last thing I have on my mind with a weapon within arms reach is talkin pics!
biggrin.gif

I'm more into the therapy aspect of it!
Gun people know what I mean.

Charlie - I was sorta wondering if yours is where the term "heater" came from? Based on using welding gloves and asbestos it sure sounds like it. I can't tell if it's a 30 or 50cal. I know it's not a BAR, but sure likely a relative. If you haven't seen this link before have a look. They provide pretty impressive cover. All I need is one boat with 3 of those minis' mounted to it, and I'll be all set. There might really be an ammo shortage with these out there tho. Hey, and check out how fast these boats stop. Never seen that before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfiJ8c1Tr_M

Art i was talking to a gun dealer and he said this was being looked into. Nothing concrete as far as i know. My son is in law enforcement so we bought 300 9MM rounds for target practice last year and had to dispose of what was left of them after about 4 months. They would fire but were so weak they wouldn't chamber another round. We tried them in 3 guns and they all were the same rresults.

Charlie,
I know exactly what you mean!
Called a wholesale distributor this evening, and they said the same thing. No ammo, it has been all bought up by the government at the taxpayers expense. I wonder who made that call? Probably the two *#@^*+"
swear.gif
in Washington that think they can enforce anything they want to regardless of what congress thinks. I'm gonna hush now before I say something that needs to be put in the geezers section. By the way, I'd like to look in there too.
Just one more thing, what does the government want with 22LR ammo????

Marty-

About the .22LR, it's not that the gov wants/needs it, it that the gov doesn't want you to have it.

Maybe this thread needs to be continued where we can really talk about the true reasons.

Wayne,

It appears our fearless leader/'s in Washington are going to just hand out a few shells at a time to keep everyone semi-happy. It looks like they are hoping we will shoot up all of our ammo so we won't have anything to fight back with when they make us go all the way to communism.
If this post is too out of line on this thread, just send it to the geezer's section.
Wayne, I did look there to see if you had posted anything about this ammo deal. You may have got side tracked looking at the other posts!
a_blink2.gif

Thanks guys for the suggestion of moving this thread to the Geezer's Section. I remember what Charlie said awhile back about this site is pretty much an open forum and is read by people all around the world. And even young children getting their first Cub Cadet may "accidentally" stumble across this and misinterpret it. I'd like to Thank Charlie and Bryan for re-opening the Geezer's Garage". I may request down te road to join it however right now we're working six days a week and I try and remember that sometimes when I'm really worn out and tired that I may say something I really didn't mean to.

I'm off to work in a little while so everyone have a truly wonderful weekend and with those having all the snow dumped upon them.... You're in Angel's and my thoughts and prayers.
happy.gif

253608.jpg

I want some assault bacon....

Just re-name it the "Ammo Box"
or perhaps "the Ammo Dump"??!!
Or maybe "The American Scene Magazine"

Anyone remember That from The Jackie Gleason show??

Dave S

Amazing video, thanks. After all the "BEATING" the lead bullets endure in processing I am surprised they look so good.

Yesterday I stopped at Wal-Mart to pick up a few items and kill some time between my "day job" and "night job"...

I don't normally buy ammo at Wal-Mart, but thought I would take a look at their cabinet as the shelves at the local Fleet Farm have been empty of most pistol ammo for weeks now and I was in need of some .40 S&W rounds.

Much to my surprise, the cabinet was almost completely empty of rifle and pistol ammo. I think there were maybe a couple boxes of .243 rifle ammo, and 4 boxes of .40 S&W pistol ammo. All of the other calibers were gone, but their seemed to be plenty of shotgun shells.

I asked the elderly gent behind the counter if I could get a couple boxes of the .40S&W. As he came over to unlock the cabinet, he said, "We had 8 boxes of that stuff this morning. I'm surprised there is any left at this point."

As we walked back over to the sporting goods counter so I could pay up, he said, "Yeah, I don't think I'm getting much on my truck-order for tonight. As a matter of fact, let me look.." He then pulls a sheet of paper out from under the counter that looks like an Excel spreadsheet which is full of items and has 4 of the rows highlighted with a yellow marker. He starts pointing to the highlights, and goes, "Yep, one box of .357, one box of .45ACP, and 2 boxes of 30-06....that's it!" I asked him if he meant "cases" or just single "boxes" and he said, "Oh no, we don't get this stuff in cases anymore. It's all just single boxes. Most if not all of this will be gone before the McDonalds next door is open for breakfast in the morning. That .40S&W stuff you just got was put on the shelf about 6hrs ago and now we're down to one box."

He went on to say that he's getting calls from all over the country from people looking for ammo. He also said there was a guy, traveling on business, who was from California that couldn't even find shotgun shells so he bought a case here and had it UPS'd back home.

When I got home later that night after work I found the exact same .40S&W ammo on gunbroker.com with starting-bid prices more than DOUBLE what I had just paid at Wal-Mart. For the exact same ammo! I don't mind the guys who want to slowly build up a stock of ammo by buying "a box here and there", but this hoarding and reselling stuff is killing the casual shooters like most of us!!!
bash.gif

Latest posts

Back