• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

What to do???

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
So when you don't have a shop, tools nor the inclination to mess with putting a loader on a Cub in the dead of winter, you do something drastic!
B7100HST-D
266499.jpg

266500.jpg

Charlie

your large snow blower has a loader ?? But I used a tractor like that last summer and was impressed with it ; 4x4 really helped get the bucket full in hard ground. Wheel weight and loader they go 8000.00 here for one in that shape . Nice find !

Those Kubota motors are good motors. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

It's a B7100HST-D
4 wheel drive with high and low, plus differential lock, dual brakes and more stuff I ain't figured out yet, LOL
But I did get all 4 manuals downloaded for it!
Not sure what year it is yet, I bought it, trailered it home, unloaded it and took off and left it set.
I'm going back out tomorrow and get more info on it.
I can't do much with it as I have to completely service it and check everything out first.

I'm actually thinking about draining that thick crap Kubota recommends for hydro fluid and filling it up with Hytran!
That stuff is just to thick for my neck of the woods.

Charlie P. That is one real nice tractor. AND it has gone to a good home. I've always wanted one like it. Congratulations!!!

Charlie, sweet! I've wanted a Kubota like that since I first saw one decades ago. I might even have a brochure (might be a two-sided single-sheet datasheet..) for one of those kicking around here. I'll try to find it this evening.

Charlie - back around 1978 or 1979, I had an Uncle who lived in Western North Carolina and he bought a spanking new Kubota B6100 (could have been a 7100), but I was down there the Summer he bought it. He had a rear blade, plow, disc and a small bush hog, probably 4 ft. The tractor had fluid filled ag tires all the way around - but unlike yours, was a stick shift. It had hi/low range, power steering, diff lock - just a really nice tractor. I remember it was the first tractor I saw with glow plugs. There was a little hole in the dash and a coiled wire. When you preheated the glow plugs, you knew they were ready for start when the coil glowed - LOL.

A lot of farmers in that part of the country farmed tobacco and would work their small fields with those Kubota tractors. In addition to tobacco, there was a fair amount of tomato fields and other veggies too.

It was odd seeing the FIRST import from Japan setting new at the Ford dealer next to the Ford 3000 type tractors - which also was a favorite of those small farms/fields. I guess the imports were a sign of things to come.

You will like that tractor!

Charlie, so far this is all I've found. (circa 1994ish) I'll keep looking. BTW, where is the ROPS for yours?

266557.jpg

Nice tractor Charlie, I gotta have a small bucket tractor around all the time, at least that's what my back tells me, besides more time to make the cubs look purrrrdey,

Kraig

I would buy one now at that kind a deal . I would have to put off the new bike a few more years lol.

Charlie P. I'll trade you a nice 102 and a brand new #14 Aluminum scoop shovel plus $200.00 for that little fella.
biggrin.gif
Again... one sweet tractor.

Charlie-

That is a cool little tractor. And there's one thing for sure, those Japanese know how to build an engine. A tractor that size makes so much sense because of the versatility. You don't have much need for a bush hog out there do you??? I mean, you have like a three week summer from what I've heard/seen.

It appears this "restocking" has provided a little therapy too, huh?

Charlie-
Nice ride. I like those wheel weights.

Kraig-
Neat 'old' ad. Interesting that it's shown @ $13,500. I bought a brand new Mazda 4X4 extended cab pick-up in 1993 for $13,222. That truck is still earning it's keep around here with 150K on it. I'd bet both a similar tractor and small 4X4 pick up would be in the upper $20K-low-$30K area now.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Back