• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

What are these?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
I was out for a run yesterday and came upon these sitting on the shoulder of the road.

150081.jpg

150082.jpg

I'm guessing because of the "cleats" that they're some kind of tire-chain set up, but for what?

They look like emergency chains I've seen a few years back, for cars. Meant to be easy on easy off when needed.

They are supposed to go on car tires just to get out of the snow when stuck but like other great idea's they must not have worked and thats why they were on the side of the road. They would work in a pinch but you have to be able to get them through the wheels like spoke wheels they would work great on. Nice find though all I find here is garbage lol.

Art, I had a set of those many years ago, except mine had a woven strap instead of a single chain to connect them. I wonder if those shown were actually for a truck with larger holes in the rims. I can just hear the noise the loose ends made beating on the wheel wells!

Art, neat find! You gonna use those on the 70 or 100? I bet they'd do a number on your driveway, with one on each rear tire, "SLIP, GRIP, SLIP, GRIP, etc...." aka "......, SCRATCH, ......, SCRATCH, etc...."
icon_eek.gif

Allen-
The "truck theory" would make sense because the road I was on at the time is frequented by Semis due to a large industrial park nearby.

Kraig-
No, but if I had another 5 or 6 of them, THEN I could get some use out of them!
deadat30.gif

It would be kind of funny to keep them in the car for the next time someone parks too close at the supermarket. Just slap one on their opposite side front tire.....just one....then watch the reaction as they drive away.

<font size="-2">"Ker-thunk, ker-thunk, ker-thunk....."</font>

roflol.gif

Remind me to never park too close to one of Art's vehicles....

Art, they would be good to keep in the trunk in the winter, could get you out of a slippery situation.

Kraig-
Yeah, I thought about that. Maybe I'll pick up some plastic tubing at Fleet Farm to slip over the attachment chains so they don't scratch up the rims if I had to use them.

It's always one wheel that doesn't have the traction...

Art, Those chains are like the ones UPS issues to their drivers to use for short distances when they get the UPS truck stuck. Too bad you didn't get the complete set of four.

Paul

Art, I think Paul just hinted at where you can get more of those chains.
draw.gif
What can Brown do for you?
happy.gif

Guys maybe brown can give up some more. I dont know but if you read this whole post from the start to the finish I just cant stop laughing. You guys are just too much. I needed that today. Thanks Mike

Kraig, Are you hinting that I should loose a set out of my brown truck at Art's place? Accidently of coarse......

Kraig-
I guess Paul just answered your "What can brown do for you" (or me in this case) question....

Paul-
Yes then.. ;-)

Back