• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Vertical shaft Kohler question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jegstad

displayname
Jim Egstad
Charlie,

"This guy looks like he's havin way to much fun!"

You notice he doesn't need a rear weight box, I wonder why.
lol.gif

On another subject I found this on one of the homebuilt aircraft engine groups:

"I got one of those B&S vertical shaft v-twins 40 cu. in. that are auctioning out on Ebay for about $100 plus shipping. I wanted to tinker with something to replace my old Rotax powered Max. I converted it to horizontal with a new sump pickup and intake manifold. It seems to run fine and weighs out at 75 lb. not including prop...... So far I've run it for 2 hours at 3100 rpm which is all the prop will let it do. This is just tinkering and I am open to all criticism and ideas as to longevity and cooling. Oil pressure is stock at 50 lbs. It runs a muffler and shrouds but no fan. Vibration is not excessive, about like a Rotax 277 I have not balanced anything yet.... I will probably get a 26 hp. 44 cube model 445777 in the end....... I will not modify the engine for performance as that would not be realistic.... I do like the fact that the engine has a starter and 20 amp generator and mag ignition. The 445777 sells for $200 in "not running" condition. My 405777 in the same condition had a plugged jet and was almost new but was still a gamble. My goal is performance equal to the 277 Rotax, as humble as that is. I am just a fairweather flier."

So my question is are there some bargain verticle shaft Kohlers out there that could be switched around to run on their side?? Is this even a possiblity?

JimE

Latest posts

Back