• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Time to play musical engines...

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
Back last fall, I wound up getting a pretty decent-looking, original condition CCC Red 782 cheap, only problem is, the KT-17 series II is seized. Today at an auction, my Dad picked up two "donor" tractors: What I believe is a 1620 with a Kohler MV16 (read vertical shaft M18) and a 2185 with a running Kohler Command 18. We'll bring my 582 into this mess as well, which currently has an M18.

I'd like to keep this 782 somewhat original, so I'm leaning towards using the rods, jugs, and pistons, oil filter, etc. from the MV16 to repair the series II engine in the 782 to keep originality. I'm thinking I'll put the Command in the 582, as that tractor was assembled from parts anyway and is more of a custom thing as it is. I'd pickle the M18 and store it for a future project that I have in mind. Or keep it for the next 782 that falls into my lap...
happy.gif

Anyway, does anyone else have an opinion on this? I'm not sure what I want to do. The 782 will be used for mowing, snow removal, and possibly tilling. The 582 plows, hauls trailers, and performs other random tasks. Anybody have any better ideas, or reasons why I should or shouldn't stick with this plan?

Latest posts

Back