• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

TRYING TO IDENTIFY THE YEAR AND MODEL OF MY CUBBY

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkubec

displayname
Richard Kubec
Hi all, hope I put this in the right spot. I recently purchased an older cubby at auction. It runs but has a very bad oil leak. I am having difficulty identifying the model, because someone has cut the tag right under the serial #2050660U572395*, removing the model number. It is marked as a 1450 Hydrostatic. I believe it is a 1975, 800 cadet. It has a cast frame, kohler 14 hp engine s/n 7221195, hydrostatic with pto and hydrolic deck lift and hydrolic plow attachment. The mowing deck is s/n03200170052256* model is 44????ARY (that's what it looks like, can't really make it out). I contacted Kohler and oddly, it really wasn't Kohler, but a company that handles their customer service, so they could not tell me the model based on the S/N. I would like to get an owners manual, so we can fix the oil leak (I believe it is the gasket on the front of the engine. Any help anyone could offer would be so appreciated. Thanks and have a good Thanksagiving.

Richard K

First, welcome to the Forum.
70577.jpg

Nice to see another Michigander here.

This inquiry could have been posted in the regular Cub Cadet section.

The tractor with Serial Number "2050660U572395" is a 1450 that was built in Jan of 1976.

That Cub would have the following Kohler Motor:
M/N: K-321AQS
Spec: 60166
S/N: 7221195
The motor was made in late 1975.

The mower deck would be either a model 44 or 44A, most likely the 44A model.

Roland, Richard K...Yep the 1450 is a Garden Tractor and this information should be in that subject area (the first on the listing - read the fine print!).

Richard: Also, Welcome to the Forum. Roland's information is correct but FYI:

The 205 is the IH kind number for a Garden Tractor (Cub Cadet) and the 066 is the factory code for a 1450. U is the US place of manufacture: the IH Louisville KY Plant. The rest is the one-up-serial-number.

The deck serial number should read : 032 0017 U 052256. Broken down as follows.
Kind: 032
Factory code: 0017
Factory: U (not an O as you show - look close)
One up serial number: 052256
Type should be a 44A by 1975

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Richard K. : Welcome to the forum ! Gowen, eh? - Looks like you aren't that far away from Ryan Wilkie. I'm down here just north of East Lansing. I see you're a 911 Op. Are you a LEIN OP, too? I spent 32 years w/MSP data center including 13 as Operations Manager of the LEIN data center...
Also - as Roland mentioned, you probably will get more people looking at your questions about a 1450 in the main forum area - it's always a little difficult at first to figure out where to post, but we all try to help each other !!

Burp! Well, so much for turkey and relaxing. Well, so much for turkey. Thank you for all the information regarding my tractor. I apologize for putting it here, I attempted to use the General area, but there was a notice that said no new posts. Being unfamiliar with the site, I thought it was an area that was closing down, thus no new posts. Non the less thank you for the information, sounds like you fellas know your cubs. I can't say I ever paid much attention to the differences in tractors, but I am just astonished at the quality of this machine. I am looking forward to getting the oil leak repaired.

Kide. Yes I am a LEIN op. 8 years, work PT for the Belding PD, Ionia. 98 % of my duties are Police related, however I am EMD Cert and Disp Fire.

Again, Thank you!

Back