• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Transmission Swap?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 149 hydrostat which I use as a regular mower, etc. I have developed a heavy tranny leak and I have tried the easy things to fix it. I am considering going after the infamous cork gasket. However...

I have a 1650 hydrostat parts tractor. Tranny looks practically new, but hasn't run in several years under previous ownership. PO scavenged a lot of parts so restoration of this tractor is not practical. However, I am wondering if it is possible/advisable to exchange these transmissions/transaxles? Dash controls are a little different, but at first blush it looks like the hoses would match up. What say the experts?

Transmissions are the same, other than the 1650 transaxle may have internal brakes if it is a later in the production run. That said, how would you know the parts tractor won't also develop a leak? You might as well just fix what you have. Good time to change Hytran, replace cork gasket, axle seals, and rear cover gasket.

Latest posts

Back