• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Tow Hitch

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kpeaney

Had a starter problem with my LT today. It was in the front yard, needed to move to the back. Used an OT tractor to move, then got to thinking. A person gave me an idea and I played on Sketchup for a while and came up with this. It hooks into a Class 2 receiver.
222946.jpg

The hole on the cross piece is for a bolt so the bar can pivot when turning. Anyone with a HYD. lift would be able to tow another tractor around.
KennyP

Kenny, kinda reminds me of the one that Travis S., built back in 2001.

222963.jpg

222964.jpg

Refined the hitch some more and added dimensions. Should be able to lift the Cub from either end if the need arises.

223047.jpg

Thanks for looking.
KennyP

My statement of lifting from either end is wrong. Cross bar would need to be on the bottom and risers would be taller to clear center of rear end. My bad!
KennyP

Since no one has any interest in anything I post here, I will refrain from doing so in the future. Goodbye.

Kenny I am not sure why you think no one has any interest in what you post. I thought the tow thing was interesting, but I don't have a need, time to build, or skill to build it.

It seems that Travis beat you to the punch from the photo Kraig posted

Kenneth-

Ditto with what Jeff says. It's not lack of interest. You probably could have put this in the machine shop as well. Members come up with ideas about tools for certain jobs or ways to get that heavy engine from the tractor to the bench. I guess that's part of the hobby. I like your idea and did some thinking about it myself. I actually saw the need for higher risers then I read your post that mentioned you saw the need too. I just didn't see a need to comment. If something you make helps you with your cubbing then don't let the forum get in the way. I have tools here my father and I made and it is aways a little special using them...especially when they work. Keep tweeking and thinking and the end product will appear. Then you have to paint it.

I asked a question in the main forum the other day about my 147 and got zero response. And it wasn't the first time. I just chalk it up to being the way the forum goes at times.

Ken, I'm with Wayne

Don't lose heart. I was kind of curious to see what you would come up with when it came to cutting the metal. If it helps you, go for it. I'll admit though, it is awfully gratifying when someone responds, especially with praise. It can be addictive.
smile.gif

Kenny, yes please keep posting on the evolution of your design. FWIW, I used to post lots more than I do now but I've been much busier at work and rarely log on from home, today being a rare exception. I posted photos of the one Travis built to help fuel ideas for your version.

Kenneth-

One other thing/idea I thought of is incorporating some really tuff rubber in the jaws or contact points of your hitch. Pieces or strips of old tires might would work. I think it would give a better grip than steel to steel. A good two part epoxy would hold it well enough. It would also prevent marring of the paint on the underside of the tractor to a degree(IMHO).

Keep at it...and don't forget the paint.

Some times,negative comment is better than no comment. I'd rather have all negative that NO comment. Somebody has something to say, say it.
Here is the final drawing, I don't have all the metal to make this, but I will be able to tow (front or rear) my 108 Cub, a 1981 Craftsman GTV/16, or a MTD 14/42 LT. I plan to put a pair of the spring type latches from a boat trailer tie down to hold whatever in place.
223416.jpg

KennyP

If you add small ramps that did not go all the way to the ground you might be able to back up under it.

One question, If you start a pick up and delivery service will you add the off road fees?

I kind of like the ease way, so I added a boat trailer wench to my small trailer to load a not so happy tractor, works great. but not the same as a Cub Cadet wrecker.

Bill, off road fees and mileage. At about 10mph~, I might take a while to get there. LOL

Your closer to 8 mph with a IH hydro, maybe 9 with todays wind at your back
err.gif

Jeff, probably average out to about 5 mph. Can't forget the 55 gallon fuel tank on the trailer behind. LOL
KennyP

I'll give you a few weeks notice If I break down.
I did not do the Maps Quest for miles and best route but I'm sure you would be looking at weeks.

Latest posts

Back