Tiller model for 1872

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kaig: At some point, CCC did offer a Cat"O" lift option for the Cast Aluminum rear ended CCC 782's. As best I can tell this is an 82 or 83 brochure. Therefore, the equivalent IH branded & sold models with the Cast Aluminum rear ends could possibly have had one installed. See Below:

Myron

56552.jpg

Myron, this is from a later 82 series brochure # AD33387-N3. Note the last item listed in the red area at the top of the page.

56554.jpg

From the same brochure (This is the same model tiller that my parents bought new with their 2072. I now have this tiller and use it on my Allis Chalmers 620):

56555.jpg

HI Kraig...Yeah, that brochure you posted is from 1984 listing the Cast Aluminum rearended CCC-built 782s and incorporating that CCC Cat"O" option I just noted....Just FYI
bubbly.gif
, there are 782's and there are 782's because there are differences in IH built 782's and CCC built 782's so when we talk about any 82 series, specifying which version is helpful. I knew IH never made a 782 with the Cat"O" option but CCC....had to look that up..

I also have one of those 48" shaft driven tillers. It came with my IH made 982.

Myron

Myron, yes I'm aware of the cast iron rear ended <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> 782 and the cast aluminum rear ended CCC/MTD 782. I'm a narrow frame <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet guy so I usually try to forget about the wide frame through the 82 series and beyond Cub Cadets. Trouble is people keep asking questions about them.
roflol.gif
angel.gif

Myron-
I think I figured out the problem here:

"I'm a narrow frame <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet guy.."

err.gif

Art - That's called "Blinders". Someone needs to open his eyes to w-i-d-e frames !

Ken-
The nice thing is that he proves the point without any effort by us!
happy.gif

<font size="-2">BTW...What's up with that tractor's PTO lever? I just noticed that....</font>
confused.gif

Guess I haven't been paying attention good enough. I thought those were supposed to be the later "across the pedestal" style.

56571.jpg

...but that must have been what some refer to as the start of the "decline"..
screwloose.gif
rofl.gif
confused.gif
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back