• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Stolen!!!!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Armbruster

IHCC Supporter
displayname
DontknowJack
If anyone finds a running 149 in the central Ohio area please let me know. Somebody stole my 149!! :censored2:
IMG_20201124_073444.jpg
IMG_20201124_073432.jpg
IMG_20201124_073414.jpg

Yes it has been found. The local John Deere dealer had it. Their driver doesn't know that green is a John Deere color. He also has no idea how to tell time. He was over three hours late to pick up my father in law's John Deere. So he took my Cub, you know, because they look so similar. My tractor was still on their rollback when I showed up around 8 in the morning,hoping to catch somebody. Way back when I managed a Goodyear store I always got to work at least 1/2 hour early,turned on light checked work orders check emails etc. That way when the store opened at 7 I was ready to do business. Not unlock the door at opening then start my day. So they don't operate that way. I ambushed one of their guys, his name is Cary. He was awesome. Very polite and professional man. He let me in to see if my tractor was there. Yep. Well that means my tractor was in their possession and in the building before they closed for the business day, and they did nothing about it. Well because I work nights I woke up to this news. Not a good way to start the day. Anyhow long story short I knew/found my tractor before the "management" team knew anything. I find that VERY hard to believe . Then their driver calls me with all kinds of excuses about why he is color blind late and rude. I said I don't care I want my tractor back. What time will it be here? Sometime around noon. NO! I will have it back by 9. No can't get there till around noon. This is when I lost my cool. Maybe even lost my religion. So I promptly informed him that HE stole my tractor and I have witnesses and tons of proof that HE took my tractor and if he understood the English language I said NINE you could steal it when it didn't fit my plans you can return it when it doesn't fit your plans. I reminded him one more time that I had not called the law yet because it didn't need to go that far. I just wanted my tractor back before I went to bed at 9. He hung up on me. While trying not to head back to the dealership to deliver the butt whooping of a lifetime, my hero Cary steps up, calls me on the phone and says I am bringing your tractor now. Moments later Cary arrives with my tractor. He drops mine off and then takes the correct tractor with him. This guy KNOWS how to treat people right. I was back in the house by 8:55 with my tractor home safe. Still no call from anyone offering an apology for what happened. Just because of no communication in there own business. One more shout out to Cary :groupwave: for bring home my tractor having common sense and being man enough to deal with and resolve the issues so it didn't have to become an issue.
IMG_20201204_080729.jpg
IMG_20201204_080739.jpg
IMG_20201204_080750.jpg
IMG_20201204_080759.jpg

By the way David, this tractor came from Kentucky. I called the man I got it from to see if he had more pictures and or video. He did and was very helpful with everything, pictures, video, and serial number. He found time to help me when KY state troopers were trying to find two people who had been involved with a double homicide around his area. We chatted most of the overnight hours so he could stay awake to protect his family. When I told him my tractor was back he told me that the troopers picked up their suspects. The timing was kinda neat. It all came together. Now to try to maintain peaceful existance . Eubank Kentucky is where it came from an ad on Marketplace.

I am glad you got your cub back but if it was me there would be no way in hell I would let them take the green tractor.. I don't care how nice Cary was... It's easy to be nice when you might be getting your own pair of matching bracelets...

Cary was just a random employee who I hijacked in the parking lot. He could have refused to let me in to take the pictures. Besides the green tractor is my father in laws. It was his deal that started this entire thing. And an incredibly challenged delivery driver. I told my father in law not to buy from that company but I think that made him want it more. Just glad she's home.

WOW, I've been Disrespected in almost EVERY Deere dealer I've ever been in, ignorred, disrespected, made fun of because I don't have the serial number of every tractor or piece of equipment memorized. Meanwhile at my favorite IH dealer and every Case/IH dealer I've done business with I've felt like they appreciated my business.
I would have called the cops/Sheriff and pressed charges on the smart azz truck driver. And DANG STRAIGHT, You want YOUR tractor back they took illegally, at 9 AM, I'd have the Sheriff there when the smart azz gets there and have him explain the penalties for theft. I'd also follow up with the dealership's owner.

Glad you got your tractor back! IIf it were me, I would have been charged with assault......
Thankfully my local Deere dealer has been very good to deal with. That bing said, the Case/IH dealer is much, much friendlier and easier to deal with. They sourced Fedral yellow & 935 white for me when they were out of stock and had it in the store the next day.

It may be that the red tractors vastly out number the green ones in my area.

If I were the owner of that business and this happened, I'd have been on the phone trying to repair/build a customer relationship with you. I'd have comped you an innertube in that front tire before bringing it back as well. A 10 minute job as a token of my humility for our mistake. Good word of mouth still could have come from this situation for them, but apparently they can't be effected by bad reviews. Glad you got it back.

I 100% agree with you on that!!! But I am sure if you have enough money to own three John Deere dealerships, why care? Money changes people. Most folks forget where they came from when they get money like that. I couldn't imagine treating any customer like that. When I worked for Goodyear this behavior would have gotten somebody fired. But I also got to work early unlock doors, start coffee, check all the work orders, check email, and such. The store opened at 7, I was always open and ready for business at 7, not get there at 5 til and start the business day with no clue about what has happened since the last time I was in the building. But we were a pretty good at communicating amongst each other so things like this didn't happened. But like HyTrans everyone does what they see best. One thing is for sure, never deal with Voss Brothers, and now I may not ever buy a green tractor. I kinda remember my grandpa being out of place round other tractors. He had some kind of tricycle John Deere. And he pretty much looked down on other tractors. Maybe that's a thing.

Latest posts

Back