• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Spirit of 76

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pwarfle

displayname
paul warfle
Here is a pic of my spirit I got last week. It is in great original condition. It runs and drives fine and came with a mower deck. All I need is a seat, center cap for steering wheel,and decals for fenders. It also came with a blade and chains. The blade sub-frame looks correct, but I was suprised to see a normal sized Cub Cadet blade. Should this tractor have a smaller blade?

213079.jpg

I answered my own question. After the first post I looked at my paperwork that came with the spirit and there was a manual for mounting the 42" spring tip blade to the 76 tractor. I can't imagine moving a lot of snow with this Cadet, but I think it probably sold new with the blade so it is kind of neat to have.

Pau W: The white Center Cap is looong gone NLA. You will likely have to get a black one from a regular Model 76 and paint it IH 935 white.

If that is the original seat pan, take it to an auto upholstery shop and have them to cover it in GM White Vinyl Top material. It'll look like new original.. It's what I did for mine...

Myron B
213106.jpg

Myron

My seat pan is orange - likely off a Simplicity. I have a friend that does upholstery, maybe I can find a 76 or 80 seat and get some of the GM white.
Thanks for the picture! I now see I am missing the stars on the hood and also the blue stripe across the hood just above the dashboard. I did realize I was missing the decals in the headlight locations as well. Basically I'm missing every decal except for the hood sides.

Latest posts

Back