• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

SO76 questions....

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enelson

displayname
Eric Nelson
Hello all, I know that the cadet 76 and spirits were made at the same time and I was wondering if there could be a chance that a SO76 came with a motor equipped with a elctric and pull start like some of the 76's did.... Is it possible a SO76 couldve been ordered with one?..... Im also looking for and engine for a 76. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eric N: I have not seen an SO76 with a pull-start capability. Mine does not. The SO76 Operators Manual clearly shows an electric start without pullstart...Could an original purchaser have ordered one that way...probably.

No spare engines here...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

What was more common of an engine to find in the 76s... electric only or both? My OP manual for my SO76 shows just electric start. But I know the 76s came with just electric even though the OP manual show pull and electric start...

DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW WHAT STYLE STEERING WHEEL CAP IT TAKES FOR A SPIRIT OF 76 cadet. I would like to purchase one if there is one somewhere for sale.

Tony D 76 Steering wheel cap IH # 55152 C1...NLA, Maybe NOS,or from a Forum member.Post in Wanted section...for more exposure!

Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone knew about how many spirits were produced. I know of a fellow in a neighboring community who owns one and was just curious of how many were made.

Tristan: Using known serial number series figures, there could have been as many as 3,714 but in actuality, probably a few less. That more-or-less equates to about 3 per IH dealer at the time, which is a likely distribution of such a limited production model.

Get his serial number & I'll tell you approximately the date (year & month) of manufacture.

Myron B
CCSuppplyRoom

Latest posts

Back