Shredder Upgrade

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wayne - you've inspired me - I've got the Amerind-McKissic shredder that was OEM'd to IHC as the 59P... I just realized that paint and decals would make it into a great " tribute replica" that would add anther IHC product to what I've got. Next would be to find a Lawnboy mower and do the same... I've got the 5 horse 'tiller, worst problem with that is the handles need replating after a "friend" borrowed it for a summer and stored it in the open..
swear.gif

Gerry send it my way Ill put it to work LOL.
I would love to find (and I watch for them) the two items Gerry mentioned a 59 M or P shredder and the 1x8,9 lawnboy mower.

Wayne that steering you made for the shredder appears to work well.

Gerry-

I wish we lived closer together. I have an old IH tiller with fine handles but it has been out in the weather also. I also have a lawnboy commercial mower I tried to sell last year on cl and didn't. It doesn't have the IH nose piece shroud though. I could probably fix you right up. I plan on painting my shredder to better fit the cubs some day. It started out as a mighty mac wheelbarrow style and I just converted it to a pull behind.

Jeff-

The steering was the most difficult part but came together nicely. The machine is so light and I can easily do a lot of manual pulling and pushing around the leaf piles. If we lived closer I could easily fix you up with a troybilt tomahawk I have sitting out there under a tarp. It needs an engine and that's it. I even have extra grates for it. I was planning to someday convert it to a pull behind. Troybilt has an attachable tongue to accomplish this and offers it as an accessory but it would be easy to make.

Wayne, if you haven't noticed, a retailer (HF+T) has 8hp engines for $99! Not sure on the shaft size but, where there's a will there's a way !

Allen-

I'm assuming you're talking about Harbor Freight but the +T throws me (tax?). I'm not a big fan of those Japanese Honda wantabes. I'm a little prejudice here because I'm just going on what I've heard. I just sold a 107 with a 13hp HF engine for $150. The frame had been cut and the tractor had sat outside for quite some time so I just wanted it gone. As far as the shaft size, most of them come with either 3/4" or 1" shafts which are easy to find clutches for. If you ever need a carb rebuild you have to buy the whole carb (again, from what I've heard). In the past I have searched cl for pressure washers, etc. that have frozen and are ruined. It's a good way to get good engines sometimes. That's how I got the 6hp Briggs I now have on my shredder. The 8hp I/C Briggs I have was on cl by itself for $80 and I jumped on it.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up!

Wayne, I hear where your coming from on foreign engines. A friend bought one to make his own leaf sucker to fit his 2000 class Cub and so far is happy with it. I did hear a couple times while checking generators that some of the 'fake' Hondas seem to work ok. But if you have the knowledge and good luck of finding an american engine for what you need, great!

Latest posts

Back