• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

S.E.IOWA PD Oct 15th &16th,2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdyer

displayname
Paul Dyer
S.E.Iowa Poppin' Johnnies/ Classic Collectors LGT Club will be having their annual PLOW DAY October 15th & 16th, 2011 (rain date Oct 22nd -23rd). Food, drink & bathrooms are on site. I have included a link that shows past PD's. The ground is very sandy and is easy plowing. The garden tractors will have their own area for plowing as do the farm tractors and horses.

http://plowingexhibition.com/

Paul

The dates changed to the following weekend. We have Harvest Days set up for October 15th & 16th to get the late crops out. IF anyone wants to come and plow on the 15th, let me know. I can set them up with some plow ground in another area. Late crops and weather can put havoc on any outdoor event.

Paul

Show of hands as to those planning on attending...
wave.gif

I'll have the 782D and Keepsake 1650.
231286.gif

I'm gonna try and make it down. Plowin' on the 22nd Right ???
Bringing my "148" to plow.

There is a very nice sports bar/restaurant that is just 3 miles from the plow site that has a wide variety of food choices for a reasonable price. If I can get a head count, I'll call to reserve some tables for Saturday evening.

I'll have water and some soda's in a cooler at the blue canopy. Please sign in so the club can have a head count and address to mail you a PD flier for next years event. You don't have to be a member of Poppin'Johnnies or Classic Collector's clubs to plow. Donations for the beverages and port-a-potty are welcomed.

Fine sandy soil conditions that will definitely polish up the rustiest plow you can find! You won't need wheel weights. Both bean ground and some corn ground if you like will be plowed.
I've got responses from over a dozen plowers myself that say they are coming. There will be a good showing of Cub tractors here.

[email protected]

It will be great to see everyone this weekend!!

Paul

I went to our plow site this morning. WOW, great easy flat plowing ground! The first 10 acres are along side the road with easy parking(signs will be posted). Then we can cross the road to another 300 and some acres. The food trailer (chilli,hamburgers,chips,drinks,ect) and the bathroom are just across the roadway.

I've got the wood ready for the Saturday evening bonfire/ BS session. I'll have a cooler full of water and some soda, plus I'll have some chips to munch on.

Just in case you need directions to the plow site, here is the link:

http://plowingexhibition.com/about_2.html

Paul

Boy Paul pulled off a good one here,Great weather, beautiful soil, lots of fun. enjoyed watching the antiques and the horses. Poppin Johnnies supplied great food and a place to play, great job every one I didn;t get pictures hope some one else will put some up, Thanks to all who put this event together!!!!!!!!!!!

I apologize for not making this year's Plow Day. Sometimes one has to take care of themself first.

We ended up with 30 garden tractors total for the 2 days and around 25 acres of ground plowed.
I had a great time visiting with everyone and even got a few rounds in myself.

FYI, Mark your calendars for next year October 20th/21st for our next fall plow day. Because of the great showing of tractors this year, next year we will have 35 acres for us to plow in. I'd like to have at least 50 tractors for next year.

Paul

231952.jpg

Mike Caruth (left) & Mike Beadle (right)
231953.jpg

Mick Morgan (front) & Brian Shanstrom in the background.

Paul,
Thanks a bunch for a nice event. Man that sandy soil worked as advertised....really shined up the plows.
I will pass the word around! Let's see 50 plowing next year.

The Poppin' Johnnies/Classic Collectors Clubs and I would like to thank everyone for attending our plow day. Without YOU, this event would not have been such a success. The land owners of the plow fields, Tim Deiters & Bob Orman were "VERY impressed with what those little tractors can do!" There's a lot of talk at the local elevators about "those little tractors out their". Make a note on your calendar for the 3rd weekend in October 2012 and come back. Bring a friend!

Thanks again.

Paul

I had a great time plowing that sandy beanground. really plowed good. awsume day, I think we all had a pretty darn good time. looking foreward to next year already!! thanks alot for hosting the whole thing, hope you keep it up, it was great!!

Latest posts

Back