• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

8th SE Ottumwa Ia Poppin Johnny Plow Day Oct.19-20,13

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdyer

displayname
Paul Dyer
8th Annual S.E. IA Plow Day located southeast of Ottumwa, Iowa will be held October 19th and 20th (rain dates the following weekend).

For directions, click on link.
http://www.plowingexhibition.com/about_2.html

The date on the web page has not been updated yet. (Working on it.)

GREAT FOOD, drinks and bathroom on site. More ground available to plow than we'll ever use.

REALLY easy plowing, sandy soil that will shine any plow. Leave your wheel weights at home, won't need them!

Paul

The address for GPS for the plow field is Tim Deiters 5780 Cliffland Rd Ottumwa Iowa 52501. This is the location of the food shack and bathroom this year. The plow field we will start plowing on is just south of the homestead.

By the way. NO PLOWING IN CORN STALKS THIS YEAR.

See you all this weekend.

Paul

There were 34 tractors from 6 states here with 20 actual tractors plowing over two days. Here are a few photos.
Thank you for coming.
Paul

264019.jpg

264020.jpg

264021.jpg

264022.jpg

264023.jpg

264024.jpg

Jeremiah, The stacks were just a "tee" installed at the manifold. You could sure here him coming!

Rick Bischof and his dad had their 682 with way over 4000 hours on it plowing strong! Rick was pulling his double bubble two bottom plow.

The MF in the photo has seen better days....

Paul

264035.jpg

264036.jpg

264037.jpg

Paul, thanks for the photos.
happy.gif
That is a good looking Case.
thumbsup.gif

Paul--thanks for the photos and the update on your plow day. Looks like we weren't the only one's in Iowa turning dirt on Saturday. My cousin Mike was drooling over that 400 series Case GT too! Looks like you had a good turnout too! Well done!

What was the CASE 448 powered with and what model 200 series CASE is that behind the 448??
Any pictures of that one?

Great looking pics & videos. Somewhat unsettling seeing a garden tractor, even if it is an MF, setting in the trash pile...
whistling.gif

Lots of JD green - is that a 3 bottom plow one of the JD's is pulling? Steve B, Mr Plow - are you planning a one-up on this...
cubwinker.gif

Don't see much of any other color tractors around. Wondering if the massive presence of Cub Cadets and JD's have a lot to do with the abundance of these brand tractor dealers in west of the Missippi states where so many huge farms lie.

Michael, the Case is powered with an Onan engine. They are owned by Dave & Liz Brinkman from Yankton, S.D.

Bill, that is a two bottom plow that Rick Bischof built. We had a Craftsman tractor plowing but the majority of equipment that was plowing were Cub's and Deere's. With Deere having such an abundance of manufacturing plants here in Iowa, it's pretty hard to find any other brand of garden tractor. Deere employees get HUGE discounts every year to buy new equipment and the used stuff floods the market. Hence you can buy them at a good price.
I knew I was going to have to run the people hauler/tow rig so I left my tractors at home. I own a Wheel Horse, Panzer, two Power Kings, and four Deere's. (I'm still looking for a red Cub 782D.....one of these days!)

264116.jpg

Liz Brinkman on the Case. Bruce Shannon on the Cub.
264117.jpg

Me driving the recovery vehicle and Milton Gillihan taking a ride. (photo taken by Mike Gault)

264118.jpg

Paul

Back