QA 42 Snow thrower

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nagostino

displayname
nick agostino
I think I am missing a component. Is there a belt tension part missing or am I not looking at the right diagram? Anyone familiar with these snow throwers.
249445.jpg

Nick, your post belongs in the main IH Cub Cadet Forum area. This is the forum for IH Cadet Lawn Tractors. However, that looks more like a CW-36 or a CC-36 or a CC-42 snow thrower, NOT a QA42. The models I listed above do not have a separate belt tension adjust mechanism. You have to loosen the 4 bolts, two on each side of the gear box, then move the gear box mounting plate to the desired belt tension then tighten the bolts.

249447.jpg

249448.jpg

Thanks Kraig. sorry about the incorrect forum. I will try adjusting those bolts further. It just didn't seem like I had enough tension. But then again the snow was wet when I tried it last. An these things seem to notoriously clog up in wet snow. Thanks again.

Nick, if there is any rust at all in the discharge chute and the throat area leading to the discharge chute it will easily plug up. I make sure that area on my QA42 is kept rust free. To further prevent plugging I paint it with graphite paint which makes the surface really slippery. If you have a farm supply store nearby they should carry it. It is available in brush on and spray on. The brush on type has a higher graphite content so I recommend getting that but it's nice to have a spray can on hand for quick touch ups as it is a wearable surface coating. I keep both types on hand. One brand name is Slip-Plate.

Latest posts

Back