• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Pto wont engage on IH 1000 after changing belt

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dghealy

displayname
Dorothy Healy
pto wont engage on IH 1000 after changing belt. there also may be an issue with the belt tension. the tensioning bolt is where it was initially but the spring tensioner is not in the first v groove. it is just outside of the slot for releasing the tension. I dont know if there is a connection or not.

there had been an issue with the pto switch and starting the tractor, sometimes there would be nothing when turning the key, but if you flipped the pto switch, there would be a sound like something advancing and after a few flips the tractor would turn over.

what is going on? did I break it.

Dorothy: Your IH 1000 is part of the QuietLine series of IH Garden Tractors. You may post your question on the main forum, and I'm sure you will get a response.

Edit: I don't think you broke it, but it may have been broken before you started . . ..

Dorothy, Jeremiah is correct about the 1200 being a garden tractor.
Perhaps you inadvertently disconnected the wire from the PTO clutch while installing the belt or, worse yet, pulled the wire from the clutch itself.
Changing the belt should have nothing to do with the operation of the clutch itself. You did use the proper length and size belt??
Other than that, it sounds as if it's time for a new PTO switch.
Letting these Cubs sit out in the elements as many folks do, sometimes for years even, really plays havoc with electrical systems that were not meant to be weatherproof.

Maybe Charlie will move this post to the main GT forum.
BTW...Welcome aboard!
groupwave.gif

Latest posts

Back