• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Post Counter?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghaynes

displayname
Gerald D. (Gary) Haynes
Over on the forum section I saw a comment that stated "Some day this site will have a post counter!" That would possibly aid in locating a post that has been archived or such, but I have noticed on other sites I frequent that it appears ultimately to become a contest as to who has the highest number, resulting in a few people responding to most every post but providing little valued information to any. It's as if just because their response numbers are high they are somehow superior to the newbie or to the one less knowledgeable who may have a first time question and wants simply a valid answer without the politics that seems to have permeated everything these days.............Thoughts?

Gerald D.

I asked for the counter just so I knew that the post will roll over and I have to re-post my picture. I do make ever attempt to answer any Cub question that I feel I can add something credible. Sometimes I have little to add for info on models I have never owned . I do think this is one of the best sites around the net for Cub Cadet info and the people who make it so great.

Well Gerald, you have 5 posts and DT, you have 5826 posts. What's the issue? When responding to a post I don't look to see if you're a
n00b.gif
or not. I would be some kind d--k to do that. Ask a question ....get a answer. <font size="-2">(But beware of some of our smart a$$ed comments. That's what keeps us "different" from the other sites)</font>

Tom Hoffman

Tom How many post are on one page before it rolls over to a new page. Do you get what I`am after now ? If I seen a post count and then could tell if I was the last post on that page I would not bother to take the time to post a picture that won`t show up .

Don just count the post, the main forum is 30 per page, thats both hands all ten fingers 3 times..lol

...but Don, if you look at what you just posted, you'll realize that you hit the 50 spot and just repost the photo again. But quickly (within 1/2 hr) go back to origional post and say 'matching photo on next page'. <font size="-2">(What ever you do, dont say anything to Charlie. You could end up being a permanent employee at one of his new places. Like an outdoor thermometer holder!) </font>
rant.gif

Don T, I understand now what you were driving at. I thought you meant a running tally of the number of posts displayed within the window containing the info of the person doing the posting.....That is what many of the other sites have that I was referring to. And Tom H, that is one of the reasons I like this sight too (ask a question, get and answer), although on this site you generally get an answer that contains info you can put to use.......Not so much on some of the other sites.

Latest posts

Back