• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Paint tips and restoration tips

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well had kind of a bummer of an evening.I welded the three holes in the frame sucessfully and ground them down they look great,(on top!!)just a couple pits to fill. also re-welded the tunnel. The sides and along the frame turned out well , the bummer part is the top is higher on one side than the other, whoever welded it the first time didnt line it up well.Soooo im going to look for another frame. My plan is to restore this thing to as good,or better than new and i dont want a welded up frame!So I will work on all the other parts until I find a frame.High hopes huh!!
111317.jpg

the photo a few posts ago below shows the holes.
111318.jpg

Thanks kendell for the reccomendation of the copper backing, it worked very well.It made it very easy to fill the holes and didnt stick at all!

Does anyone know if there is another model that will match the 123 frame??

jason, You will have to find a 123 frame or even a 105 or 125 would work. I would suggest cutting the entire tunnel off at the point it comes in contact with the top of the frame, sand and smooth in the weld we you put it back together OR do alot of grinding on what you have!!

Thanks for the help Brian and Matt.Looks like a new frame or tunnel!!Oh well I got LOTS of other parts to clean up in the mean time!!
Again Thank You

I have a new frame coming the 29th,real nice one!!great price!!
Thank you so much for the help,All of you.

I have been checking into primers.Boy do they get costly quick!!

1.What type of primers (brand) have you guys had sucess with,or used?
Im looking at epoxy primers,seem to be the best.
2.Do you think 1 gallon is enough for two complete tractors?

I realize prep is VERY important and just want some good suggestions for a brand
Thanks
Jason

Most of the time I've used PPG epoxy primer. That stuff is tough. A gallon should be plenty, you have to figure you'll have more than a gallon by time you thin it down. The hardeners are expensive too....and make sure you don't forget to clean the gun <u>real good</u> after anything with hardener in it.

Would anyone know the dimensions of the optional utility box? I found it in the parts manual for my 100 but not the dimensions and metal size.

Ed, click HERE for a mechanical drawing of the optional Utility Box. Be aware, it's a full size drawing! Right click on the image and select "save image as..." and you can save a copy of it to your PC. The drawing doesn't have dimensions for the box itself but you may be able to extrapolate them from the drawing.

Latest posts

Back