• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Other Plow Days

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Calling out all available participants for the Tama Plow Day!!! I just talked to LaVern and he is very enthuisiastic for a good turn out again this year. He mentioned only a few garden tractors made the event last year but it drew a huge amount of interest and 'shoulda brought my tractor!' comments. He's expecting even more participation this year. I told him I would plug the event for him here!!! Anticipated start is 10AM till whenever! Spectators and participants are welcome to arrive anytime in the morning. Acres may be limited, but he is working on additional ground! It should be a really great time!!! If any questions or suggestions for the event, just give LaVern a call. I'm encouraging your support and participation! I know its a busy time for everyone. Come plow if you can get away!!! I'll be there!!!

animatedihbear.gif

NOTICE PLEASE--Good NEWS!

Mr. Novotny just stopped by and gave me some new info about plowday in Tama. The Plow Day site has been moved.
63187.jpg

It will now be held at the old Tama airport just South of Tama Iowa on HWY 63. Here's a couple of aerial views of the site and roads in the area. When you cross the Iowa River just South of Tama on HWY 63, turn Right (West) on 340th St. The airport is on the left hand side and we should park on the old runway grass strip. We have 50 acres to plow some on both sides of the runway.
63188.jpg

Plowing will start about 10 a.m. and signs will be posted at driveway to the airport.

I visited the site of this coming Saturday's plow day yesterday afternoon and took these photos.
63604.jpg

This is the gate to enter, it will be open by 8 a.m. Saturday.
Plowing is planned to start by 10 a.m.

63605.jpg

Here's the mower that was used to mow the vegetation before we plow it.
Taken with zoom lens about 3/4 way down the runway!

63606.jpg

There is 50 acres to plow.
63607.jpg

63608.jpg

We will be parking on the heavy grass strip
63609.jpg

63610.jpg

A look at the ground cover vegetation today.
63611.jpg

Here's a closer shot of the mower & tractor he used to prepare the field.
63612.jpg

This gate at 1968 340th ST will be open by 8 a.m. Saturday morning.

Hopefully will see a lot of you there to plow this field! Garden tractors East of the grass strip (next highway 63). Big antique tractors west of the grass strip.

Today the conditions look great! Bring your tractors & plows with coulters!
happy.gif

Let's play in the dirt! There will be some shade and icey cool water!

Well, some of you were able to follow my directions to the Tama plow day. Nice seeing some of you there. I just finished loading some photos I took Here in a WFM album|

John L. Neat pics. Thank You for sharing. Two reasons that I couldn't go. #1... New position at work and Saturday having to work due to line being shutdown for two weeks during revamping. #2... Can't take the heat this year after overdoing it in July. Saw the Dr., Friday for checkup and he even said, "NO!!!" So, I relenquished to putting a new belt on the "D" since the old one broke and then after five minutes of mowing in the shade the new belt smoked. OH agony!!! So, I guess I can go to cooler events only not any with the heat being the way it is.

Marlin, The heat really wasn't too bad due to the nice breese from the South. It was expecially nice sitting under the awning next to my trailer enjoying an icy cold beverage. Just wish I had taken more photos of the garden tractors plowing. I guess I figured it was a golden oportunity to get some shots of the big iron in operation.

Pau Dyer of Ottumwa did take a couple more photos before his camera batery quit, so maybe he will send them to me and I'll post them too.

A cub guy left off some posters from an IH event set for next weekend at Belmond Iowa. It is called the Iowa Red Power event. dates are 17, 18 & 19 of August. If I can find the poster, I'll try to get more info for you guys on that.

Well, Paul Dyer came thru for me and sent this to me just now.
63684.jpg

I found the battery was shot on this tractor and had to run it with the red booster sitting on the right foot rest. I figured someone wold ask what that red thing was!
happy.gif

I just added a couple photos of the Tama Plow Day site which I took this past monday 8-27-07 which show the airport under water! Check out the link shown below to my WFM album.

3rd annual North Central Ohio Plow Day and Tailgate Party.

It will be on Saturday the 13th of October 2007. It will be located at 7333 West Twp Rd 96
New Riegel, Ohio 44853.

Rain Date will be Sunday Oct, 14th. Lets hope we don't need it!!!!!

We will start plowing at 9:00 A.M. and Plow till everyone get's tired.

We have 36 acres to plow, so that should keep us busy for awhile!!!

The Field is half wheat stubble and half soybean stubble.

The Tailgate Party means, that you will need to bring your own food and refreshments.

There will be Plenty of Parking and Restrooms will be available.

All brands are welcome to come and plow!!!

If you never plowed before, there will be a place to get your tractor and plow adjusted, and just ask someone and they will help you get it done. So you can have fun too!!

Email me if you have any questions. My email is: [email protected]

Take care Tom & Donna B.

We had 3 generations plowing at the same time.
66381.jpg

front to back-My son Steve, My Dad Norbert and me.
There were several Father-Son/Daughter plowing too.
My son's 86
66382.jpg

Steve used David Kirk's info on "Building a Killer Kohler" on a K321. 86 is a blast to plow with.
Thanks David Kirk for a great write up.

Dale, what kind of engine is in that Original? Is that a custom plow behind it? More photos please!
bouncy.gif

Kraig,
This is the last picture I have.
66512.jpg

The motor is a 20 horsepower Kohler. The plow is a 2 bottom plow. It has a 6 and a 8 inch moldboard on it. The tractor/plow did a good job plowing until something broke in the trans.

Dale, thanks for the info. I was over at the Registry Forum looking and saw some photos of Jess' Original, pretty neat plow he built! Was it just grass that got wrapped around his driveshaft? Never seen that happen before, very strange.

Latest posts

Back