• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Not So Original, Original

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozzzy66

A56167F1-7FAF-4A46-A203-50DB6DD31D48.jpeg
A4F80346-D400-4EE8-A2EF-10C4A0FD330E.jpeg
9C6EBB8B-5B57-49E7-89E4-6ED9E0879449.jpeg
A990D272-1DDA-4126-9B2B-6EEBD4222FF9.jpeg
My not so original CCO. Pictures as requested. My plans are to finish getting it squared away mechanically and use it. I may try and restore it some day but as you can tell it is in a rough starting point for that. There are several thing my grandfather had changed on it that I would hate to change back to factory spec. Every time I see them it reminds me of him. I also posted a picture of the deck. I would not doubt it is off a later model cub.

Very cool Original. Can you list some of the mods your grandfather did? I see the forward facing muffler, rear tires and elbow on the engine drain (I did that same oil drain mod on my Original...) and an added on external clutch return spring.

That has the add on PTO setup to work with that mower deck. It's a factory setup.

The serial number should be to the right in this photo, stamped into the reduction housing.

SN Location.jpg

Note the drain plug location on both your photo above and the photo of my Original below. Note where the S/N is located on my Original.

My SN.jpg

2197A133-E343-41B0-B031-AE6F673D3716.jpeg
E5934AA3-82BB-4A54-830F-FEFF8B05AE30.jpeg
3F5FF67A-AA52-4165-A0C3-52FC4F59ADEF.jpeg
0E694A01-261E-43AF-A1B9-7EB1855D28A9.jpeg
E2AA9FD0-4E71-426A-8C6C-766369B1BC90.jpeg
The run down of things that I know that was changed and modified. I am fortunate to have a Agri Supply close to my house so getting things like tires and other various supplies is pretty easy. The rear tires are for an ATV because that was the cheapest thing I could find that I liked. It had one original tire that was dry rotted to the point the tube was hanging out of the side and an ag style tire on the other. The front tires were original also but dry rotted like the rear. The seat appears to have been changed also but it is the one I always remember being on it. Being an old farmhand he had a love of bailing wire and used it on several places on the cub. One was used to hold the throttle so it would not vibrate down. Another piece was used on the clutch/brake pedal to keep parking brake stop from falling in place. If you look closely you can see a piece of water hose on the console to keep vibration of the hood down. While sitting the mower was shot and you can see my “patch” of the tank, a bolt with liquid gasket. The original throttle cable and choke cable had to be replaced but I did graft the original throttle handle on the replacement. I had to take the original fuel lines loose to get the carburetor off and I couldn’t get them to stop leaking so that is why it has the rubber fuel lines now. He also used wooden shims to tighten the drive belt instead of replacing it. Shoot any questions about what you see and I will try and answer them.

I must say, that's one of the best looking "rough shape" vintage items I've seen. I know you said about fixing it up but...man that thing looks good just as it sits. Definitely would make sure everything works well mechanically but other than that, I like it! 👍👍

And yes, on a farm, wire and twine were a farmer's original zip ties and more useful than duct tape...😂

Back