• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

NOS Cub Cadet ZTR

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
I just took delivery of my new mowing machine from Marlin over at IHCCW. Seems he found a dealer with some NOS Cub Cadet ZTR machines from 2000-2003.

I ended up with a 365L, 54" deck, 18hp Kawasaki Liquid Cooled version....never seen a blade of grass and still had all of the sales tags attached (feature cards, etc.)

81958.jpg

81959.jpg

81960.jpg

81961.jpg

81962.jpg

81963.jpg

Spent last night going over it and getting it ready to go. Leveled the deck, fixed a factory screw-up (coolant temp and charge indicator idiot light wires were switched under the dash), and then removed the reverse mowing safety switches.....who in their infinite wisdom thought that a reverse PTO cut-out would be a good idea on a ZTR????...

Took it out after work this evening and chopped up some leaves along the fence line with it...won't have to mow for another week or so, but I'm looking forward to it!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
Gators will be here next week
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

BTW, that liquid Kaw is a nice motor...the deck is easily 2x as loud as the engine at WOT!!!

That might ride pretty smooth with those balloon tires. Neat machine. Should make quick work of mowing the lawn.
happy.gif

Gonna be tough mounting a sleeve hitch on that one Steve. An upright exhaust would clear some room.

Wheres the cup holder?

Oh thats right, you cant let go with one hand to take a drink less you end up going in circles
lol.gif

I aint afraid to say it, thats thing is butt ugly
taunt.gif

Yup, Butt Ugly.......but like the old saying goes, "she sure can cook!!!!!"
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

I'll leave the sleeve hitch to the real tractor!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

For a minute, I thought I had hit the "Cool Cubs" thread and that Steve Archer was showing us another one of his other "big engine, little tractor" projects. They sure hung that motor out there a ways ..... Gotta have unconditional love for some of them there, uh- different, lookin' rigs..

Ya should at least put a tab hitch on it - I think you could weld it to the muffler.
thumbsup.gif

Steve, put a roll cage on it and claim it's a dune buggy....
clown.gif

Go ahead Art, won't bother me......
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Ok I told myself I wouldn't bust Steve's b^%&s but that shopping cart picture about made me spit my drink out on my laptop. He could take it to super walmart and go shopping with it. He could do some nascar driving and put those little old ladies into the wall.
biggrin.gif

You guys made me spit Diet Pepsi all over my new monitor!!!!!! Now that's some funny "stuff"!!!!!!

Why do I suddenly feel old.....?????

Charlie,

Big Steve bought a used 365 (20hp Kohler Command version) a few weeks before I bought this one...driving his around is what led me to buy this one. I know the things are butt ugly, but they are pretty nice mowers for the $$$...(especially when they are brand new)....much nicer than the more expensive "entry line" (read almost junk) versions that Home Depot and Lowes sell.

That thing almost makes the old bathtub cubs look good...... They just forgot the steering wheel.

roflol.gif

with that rear bumper looks like you could store it on end, like the old snappers.

Back