• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My new Log splitter!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
I've not had time to build a splitter since the fire.
The wood stove doesn't have a problem handling the 16 to 23" logs, but my back does, LOL
So I thought, what the heck, I'm going to try something.
Take the logs out and stand them upright, Cut a slit across the top and go for it!!!!
317583.jpg

317584.jpg

317585.jpg

317586.jpg

317587.jpg

317588.jpg

317589.jpg

317590.jpg

And you end up with this!
317591.jpg

Charlie, that's pretty cool. I might have to try that.
thumbsup.gif

The next thing you'll know, he will have a 4-way splitter on the end of that tractor!
lol.gif

Way to go Charlie!

What kind of red neck weirdo uses a front end loader to split logs?????im just jealous I didn’t think of that first LOL,that’s awesome

Only thing that would have been cooler then that, explosives and lots of em

I can just imagine Charlie giggling like a school kid when the first one split! Ingenious!

I'll bet even Kentucky Ken would give it a thumbs up.

greenthumb.gif

I initially thought about putting the logs on boards and waiting till the temp got down close to zero for a while. But my brain, goofy as it is, thought, give it a shot! Glad I did! LOL

I've got to confess - my first thought was "you gotta be shittin' me"
happy.gif

Took less than 2 hours to stack, cut and split those logs, LOL
I was kinda impressed with myself for once! LOL

Me thinks a backhoe would have sped up the process once you had everything standing up in an arc.
Of course a helper would speed things up also.
Nothing like red neck ingenuity for sure!!

Red Green would be proud of ya Charlie!!!!!

Scott,
lol.gif
It does seem like something that Red Green would have proudly done. Too bad Charlie didn't use duct tape at some point in the process.

Kraig-red green would have used the loader from diggers tractor,about six or seven two x fours eights rolls of duct tape and a 1984 dodge club wagon,and watched Harold use an ax from in side the van LOL

Digger - about the top edge of that loader bucket..

I think adventures with "Bill" would have fit in that episode somewhere as well.
I got the biggest kick outta that guy. I'll bet they had a riot making those clips !!

Back