Model 81

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got the motor to run.it starts up hard and runs as if the choke is on. can any of you guys or girls help me. i also got a new cub today. its a cub 1000 quiet line. ill have pics of it later

Is the choke on?
Is the idle needle ajusted properly ?( about 2 turns out from seated )

I AM TRYING TO REPLACE THE BEARING ON THE MOWER DECK SPINDLE. IT IS A 38" 2 SPINDLE DECK. SHOULD I USE A PULLER TO REMOVE THE BOTTOM BRACKET FOR THE BLADE.

Hey Bill, did you post your question in the right place?? Your profile sez u have a 127, but this area is for 81 lawn tractors. If for your 127, post in the main forum, you'll get some sort of an answer even on a slow day.
thumbsup.gif

Keven, I would try adjusting the needles on the carb. The low speed or Idle screw should be set at a turn and a quarter where the high speed screw should be set at a turn and a half. When running on idle play around with the low speed screw until the engin sounds like it's Idling properly. It is Important Adjust the low speed screw before the high speed screw

Latest posts

Back