• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Model 122 question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a pic of the hood latch I was talking about. (Thanks Charlie!)

hood latch.jpg copy.jpg

And a pic of the wide frame hood latch: (Thanks again Charlie!)

IH-544190-R1 HOOD LATCH.jpg wide frame.jpg copy.jpg

I don't have any photos of the 71, 102, 122 (aka 1x2/3) hood latch. In fact I have never seen one and would like to see one myself. The 72, 104, 105, 124, 125 series (aka 1x4/5) had latches like this on each side of the battery box that hooked onto a tab on the hood.

Latch_01.jpg

Kraig,
That is it in action. :bluethumbsup:
I am scratching my head. I have not seen one either. My 122 just has the rollers that fit in the groove on the bottom of the hood like the 70/100 series.

Here's a photo of a 149 dash. Note the hood latches.

149 Dash_01.jpg

Regarding the 122 hood latch, all I can think of is there must have been some sort of spring that hooked between the holes in the hood brace that was pulled down and under that hook on the battery box. :drool2:

Looked at the service manual, and it shows the clip. Not sure what it's for, it's just sticking out.
It is not shown in the operator's manual.

Latest posts

Back