Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Mini 1466 clone

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

Allenpatterson

displayname
Al Pat
Sorry I have been slacking on an update. I plowed with this on Saturday. The 1st time I drove it was on Saturday morning at 5am driving it out of my garage and onto the trailer. I proceeded to slam into my dads 149 on the trailer due to the clutch not releasing, and I missed the key when trying to turn if off in the dark. On Friday of last week I 90% finished putting this together, then I started the engine and found the clutch was not releasing. The clutch disc was loose when I pressed down the clutch pedal but the driveshaft would not stop, I adjusted the internal brake tighter and it still did not release. After plowing a bit Saturday morning the clutch performed like it should. I bought a 2 bottom Cat 0 plow so I guess I am buying a Xtreme Cat o 3 point hitch to use at a Plowday this fall. 1st pic is what it looked like Wed April 7th. This was and is quite the project.
View attachment 143096View attachment 143097View attachment 143098View attachment 143099View attachment 143100
That tractor sure is turning out nice, keep posting updates along the way! I've always been curious to know what guys think of the xtreme motorworks 3 point? I have been considering buying one and going that route instead of the normal rear lift and sleeve hitch. I know it becomes much more pricey going that route but I have a few ideas for 3 point implements if I were to have the 3 point hitch.

jkoenig

displayname
Jim Koenig Halfway between Harvester, MO and Cadet, MO
Awesome job on the mini!

I've been checking those Cat. 0's out too. Digger has one. That tells me a whole lot. If we poke a bit, he might even give us an opinion or two on it.

IHinIN

Looks great with the big tires and scale fenders. I may have to build a set of fenders like that. I do have a spare fender pan from a Quietline.

vthomley

displayname
Vincent Thomley
Good luck lifting that plow with the armstrong lift. 😳 Definitely need a spring assist or maybe two.
A Hydraulic lift is in the plans. No way I am trying to lift this myself, I have a brand new right shoulder, I think it would qualify as being heavier than my 20 pound lifting capacity... In 2008 I got got the attached 125 with a hydraulic lift. I think I will do a little better job of installing it, hopefully
125 hydro lift.jpg

IHinIN

I don’t see how you could possibly make it look any worse than how it was originally installed.
You should be able to use some of the lift parts from a 149. Cylinder, valve, rockshaft.

vthomley

displayname
Vincent Thomley
I don’t see how you could possibly make it look any worse than how it was originally installed.
You should be able to use some of the lift parts from a 149. Cylinder, valve, rockshaft.
I have these parts and definitely do plan to use them, mounting the pump will be the fun part

Latest posts