• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Mini 1466 clone

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I have been slacking on an update. I plowed with this on Saturday. The 1st time I drove it was on Saturday morning at 5am driving it out of my garage and onto the trailer. I proceeded to slam into my dads 149 on the trailer due to the clutch not releasing, and I missed the key when trying to turn if off in the dark. On Friday of last week I 90% finished putting this together, then I started the engine and found the clutch was not releasing. The clutch disc was loose when I pressed down the clutch pedal but the driveshaft would not stop, I adjusted the internal brake tighter and it still did not release. After plowing a bit Saturday morning the clutch performed like it should. I bought a 2 bottom Cat 0 plow so I guess I am buying a Xtreme Cat o 3 point hitch to use at a Plowday this fall. 1st pic is what it looked like Wed April 7th. This was and is quite the project.
View attachment 143096View attachment 143097View attachment 143098View attachment 143099View attachment 143100
That tractor sure is turning out nice, keep posting updates along the way! I've always been curious to know what guys think of the xtreme motorworks 3 point? I have been considering buying one and going that route instead of the normal rear lift and sleeve hitch. I know it becomes much more pricey going that route but I have a few ideas for 3 point implements if I were to have the 3 point hitch.

Awesome job on the mini!

I've been checking those Cat. 0's out too. Digger has one. That tells me a whole lot. If we poke a bit, he might even give us an opinion or two on it.

Looks great with the big tires and scale fenders. I may have to build a set of fenders like that. I do have a spare fender pan from a Quietline.

Good luck lifting that plow with the armstrong lift. 😳 Definitely need a spring assist or maybe two.

A Hydraulic lift is in the plans. No way I am trying to lift this myself, I have a brand new right shoulder, I think it would qualify as being heavier than my 20 pound lifting capacity... In 2008 I got got the attached 125 with a hydraulic lift. I think I will do a little better job of installing it, hopefully
125 hydro lift.jpg

I don’t see how you could possibly make it look any worse than how it was originally installed.
You should be able to use some of the lift parts from a 149. Cylinder, valve, rockshaft.

VINCE - THAT is one great looking Cub Cadet. Very true to scale of the real 1466 C3 posted. I wasn't planning on going to Steve's plow day, but seeing that Cubby there is enough to change my mind.

Looks great! Always liked those 5 rib tires, need to get a set for my 1650. The water jet cut IH weights are a nice touch, where did you source them?

Looks great! Always liked those 5 rib tires, need to get a set for my 1650. The water jet cut IH weights are a nice touch, where did you source them?
I drew up the idea on cardboard,, then an engineer here at work designed them. Same thing for the rear wheel weights.

Attachments

• IMG_4596.jpg
    IMG_4596.jpg
    655.8 KB · Views: 0
Plowday was a success! Pulling the 2 bottom was NOT. The ground was really hard, lotsa spinning and 2 bottoms proved to be too much. I hooked up my 10” brinly and it was plenty

Attachments

• EF61910F-4FDC-4CA3-9A74-E316C557246C.jpeg
    EF61910F-4FDC-4CA3-9A74-E316C557246C.jpeg
    651 KB · Views: 0
  • CF817361-D68C-4607-9D22-78AA29EEB432.jpeg
    CF817361-D68C-4607-9D22-78AA29EEB432.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • BF490EBA-1A28-4EF6-A110-CE99E2C3A398.jpeg
    BF490EBA-1A28-4EF6-A110-CE99E2C3A398.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Welp, this good fun build has come to an end. I was offered enough on Friday to watch a guy load and take this Mini IH 1466 home. Next custom build is in the plans, however its not going to be soon. I thought about this one 10 plus years ago, then took 5 plus years to build. My 122, 100, and 129 are all asking for my help to revive them, so after that I'll start the next great idea.

Attachments

• 1466-7.jpg
    1466-7.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 1466-8.jpg
    1466-8.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 0
  • 1466-9.jpg
    1466-9.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 0
Welp, this good fun build has come to an end. I was offered enough on Friday to watch a guy load and take this Mini IH 1466 home. Next custom build is in the plans, however its not going to be soon. I thought about this one 10 plus years ago, then took 5 plus years to build. My 122, 100, and 129 are all asking for my help to revive them, so after that I'll start the next great idea.
:greenthumb:

Back