Metal and Welds!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kpeaney

Here is my build of the "Kohler Engine Hoist".
223387.jpg

223388.jpg

These are the ingredients.
KennyP

Kenneth-

Nice little hoist and trolley. I hope you have capped off that open end with a through bolt or something. Have you weighed the winch and its bracket? Its weight would obviously be part of the load too. How much do you plan to lift and do you know the weight limit of that track? It looks like it will handle a cc engine with ease. I don't know if I'd pull the truck under it for a r&r though.

Nice addition to your hobby...good going and good luck.

Wayne, the track came off a 1920's garage door that was two 3/4" boards thick, plus trim on the outside. They were 8'X7'. It took two people to carry out of the old garage to tear apart. They will hold a K341 just fine, which is what I am looking for. No small block Chevies, just small block Kohlers.
KennyP

Kenneth-
the same type of set up to lift the hard-top off my Jeep and set it on the pallet-racking shelf. It's amazing how easy these set-ups slide with a load on them. It makes removing the hard-top a one-man/5 minute job...

223533.jpg

Wayne,the trolley and winch is around 30-40 lbs. No problem for me to remove and store in one piece. With the K341 attached, I think I will have under 200 lbs. hanging from the track. Much less than the doors it used to carry. They were very heavy.
Aaytay, good use for yours. I still have 20'+ of track, another pair of rollers, and the original hangers. Any more ideas for uses?
KennyP

The Jeep hardtop transfer using a door track
sure is a great idea! Good old American
ingenuity. The SeaBees would be proud of you.

Vince-
It sounds like a match made in heaven. Ironically, I have a few extra sets of used brake disks. In this case, a few sets means 2 or 3 pair...
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back