• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

M18 Governor Spring

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klindstedt

displayname
Kevin Lindstedt
I recently replaced the front oil seal and breather on the Magnum 18 in my 1811. I kept track of every bolt, nut , etc that came off the engine...except I lost the governor spring.
dunno.gif
I've ordered one, but no one stocked one and the grass keeps growing. As a temporary measure, I'd like to try a generic spring of the correct length. Could someone give me the end-to-end measurement of their spring? I assume if the spring isn't the correct tension I'll get some surging with changing load, but is there any possibility of doing real damage to the engine?

Latest posts

Back