• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

LT 1024 Electronic clutch adjustment?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sthom

displayname
Sally Thom
MY Lt1024 lawn tractor has an issue with the clutch not engaging. When I pull the PTO switch it is trying to come on, but not engaging. I spoke with the local cub cadet dealer and from what I told him he suggested that it may need adjustment. He said to check a gap for .08 spacing. From the picture he drew, it was my same clutch but when I look at mine I cannot see where to measure this. Do I need to remove the bottom pulley? I see the slots in the outside case of the clutch but can't see inside. Thanks for any help.

Sally T. First of all welcome. I am amazed that someone with more knowledge about these tractors than myself hasn't stepped up. Those slots in the outside case are more than likely where you'll be sliding the feeler guage in to check/set your clutch gap. I assume that he told/showed you how to make the adjustment. Please keep us posted.

Thanks. He did tell me how to adjust. I looked in those slots but really could see anything. When he was telling me about it, he was drawing it on a piece of paper. My biggest concern is that I don't want to over tighten. He said by the hours on our tractor, 450 hrs. with the problem we have that it probably is out of adjustment. I will try to look in those slots again. thanks

interesting update that may help someone else someday. I don't think there is anything wrong with the clutch. I found that one of the spindle assemblies is seized up. I think that this is holding back the clutch. too much torque. will know for sure when I get a new one. Took this one apart and it looks like the sleeve that the pulley sits on is worn down. This shows the importance of putting a couple squirting of grease into those grease fittings every now and then.

Sally T. Thank You for the update.
happy.gif
Keep us posted. Also, can you provide some pictures please.

Latest posts

Back