• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Looking at a 2182

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkasparek

displayname
Don Kasparek
Looking at a Cub Cadet Model 2182, What are it's weak points, and what should I be aware of before the purchase? Thanks for any tips.

Don , the 2182 has the kubota gas engine and are very dependable . make sure to look down in the rad area to see if its clean from grass , these will need to be checked often as they collect grass and will overheat , seeing what it looks like in ther is a good indication of its past care.
the rear ends on supers tend to come loose where they bolt to the frame . when this happens and is not caught soon enough the rear end can brake where it mounts at the front . if its loose there will usually be hydro fluid leaks at the rear axle housing areas.
the engin side covers where they attach is another thing to look at . very hard to find used and one is now no longer avail new

Don, Rich P: Don't forget that Cub Cadet put out a deflector modification to prevent/reduce that grass clog up of the radiator on those, as well as the diesels (any with a radiator).

Myron B

Is there a different grass deflector for the cyclops models? I'm pretty sure the radiator is BEHIND the engine in the 1782 and 2182.

Hi Matt..Dunno..I do not have an of those later MTD/CCC models...That deflector modification was definitely for a front radiator design.

Myron B

Any of you guys have a pic of this grass deflector? I'd like to make/get/put one on my 882 if it doesn't already have it. I'm planning on using it as my main mowing machine this year.

Todd The Service Kit #759-3239 for Grass Deflector, 2-- 1/4-20 x 1/2" hex tap screws & #703-1375 deflector. My pic was over copied can't make out... U might find in archives May 9, 2007.

Paul,
I could't find an archive page for may 9, 2007.
I looked at the 6th thru the 11th and didn't see anything about it.

Maybe I'll start a new thread since it is a little OT for this one.

Todd M: It's a CCC Service Bulletin...so not OT here, just not a 2182 question.... I'll post the bulletin as a separate item, as soon as I can get to it...there's a rainstorm between me and the bulletins at the moment...:)-}>...

Myron B

Latest posts

Back