• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Loader Build Help

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmerkle

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Dale Merkle
I have a Kwik Way loader that is missing the framework between the tractor and the loader.
The loader is going on my IH Cub Cadet 149.
Can someone post some pictures of their framework and hydraulic pump mount?

Thanks for any help.

Dale, I'll email you some....

Email sent.......let me know if you need anything else.....

So what you have so far Dale? How about some pics of your progress so far? I'd like to build a loader some day, thing that scares me the most is the pump and hydraulics. How do you know what is going to be big enough to handle the loader?

Hyd. Calcs aren't too bad, all about volume over time and psi to do the work. Lots of good Internet write ups out there.....

Mike
I'm still in the planning stage.

One of the first things I did was to purchase the loader plans from PF Engineering. My plans were to use PF Engineering design frame work between the loader and tractor. They had recommendations for 2 different hydraulic pumps. Both pumps are sold by Northern Tool and Equipment. Part numbers are 10567 and 10566. I want to install a suction filter to prevent problems with hydraulics later on. Northern Tool has one that I'm planning to use.

I not a big fan of how PF Engineering mounts the loader to the frame of the garden tractor. I want the cross member that holds the loader uprights to have support in the front and back of the cross member. I want the back support connected to the to the rear axle. I want some support in front of the cross member.

Instead of trying to reinventing the wheel I would start a topic on several Cub Cadet sites. Steve Blunier sent me some pictures of his first Cub Cadet loader.
311805.jpg

311806.jpg

311807.jpg

The pictures are Kwik Way loader frame. It shouldn't be that hard to make a copy.
Big thanks goes out to Steve Blunier for sending me the pictures.
I found a few loader builds topics on Only Cub Cadets site that were some help. Matt Gonitzke took a frame, turn it upside down to build the frame work for his loader. That will make building the frame work easy to build.

The actual build won't be done until late April early May because of some health issue I'm having. The 149 that will used for the loader build is my primary show pusher.

animatedihbear.gif

Leave it to Charlie to wave his big stick!! Lol

I am very interested in your build and progress. Looks like it will be a great tractor when done !!

Have a question for those who do have a loader on their Cub. Does the vertical post at back end of loader arms not become a PIA ? I am not a small guy. Doesn't it become a bother to climb past it all the time?

That's why loaders go on supers.....that extra 5-1/2" is in just the right place!!!

Here is some of MANY pictures I have collected over the years of different loaders mounted or being prepped for mounting, have LOTS more where these came from. Sorry for those people I have copied these from over the years - I do not know your names to give credit where credit is due for your workmanship!

311834.jpg

311835.jpg

311836.jpg

311837.jpg

Steve
Like your foot pedal set up.

That is another thing to add to my loader tractor. Power steering and a quick change bucket is 2 more things I want to add.

Built a foot control for my 1872 loader tractor this weekend. Used a parted out late model 82 series brake rockshaft and some parts I had laying around to make the pedal. Extended the hydro control handle out the side of the pedestal and was able to keep it hidden under the side sheet.....

Back