• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Lawn rust fungus and maple tree roots

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfuller

displayname
Rob Fuller
I think this is my first time posting in the sandbox. Part of my lawn gets rust fungus really bad in the fall. I'm thinking about tilling up the ground since it's uneven and needs some dirt filled in. Can I just till this and the fugus will go away or do I need to spray it with a funguside then till it before replanting. I'd hate to get my new lawn with rust fungus again.

Also, I have a silver maple tree I want to cut down in this area. Will the tiller be able to cut thru some of the smaller roots? If it will should I hit it right way after cutting it down or wait a year after cutting and grinding the stump. not sure if the roots would harden or get softer.

Thanks,

Rob

Rob, I have had 2 Maples cut down in the last 5 years. Itty, bitty roots will probabily get chewed up, but anything over, say 1/2 inch will will be your frustration. I have gone so far as to stick a recip saw blade into the ground and cut roots in sections that I can finally pull out! (yes it does kill the blade, but my mower blade will still be fine.)

Rob, check with your local university Extension agents office or web site... they could advise you concerning the lawn rust. PWR

Latest posts

Back