• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Kind code

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsdeese

displayname
timothy deese
Is there a way to tell what model year 100 I have using the kind code. The Po went over the serial number with body filler

Tim,
You may be able to remove the filler with a brass wire wheel that goes on a hand grinder.

Is there a way to tell what model year 100 I have using the kind code. The Po went over the serial number with body filler
Timothy, there is another way to narrow down the year of your 100, kind of, sort of.

The 100 is a series 2 IHCC, date range for series two machines that also included the model 70, was August 1963 to August 1965. The model 100 came with two different steering wheels however. If it has a three-spoke flat steering wheel that is attached using an acorn nut, then that would be considered "early" . If it has a three-spoke flat fully rubber coated one fastened using a flat nut covered with a plastic cap with the IH decal then it would be thought of as "later". Now, just where this break occurs between early and late models, who knows? Maybe someone here can break it down further than that. But were are only talking a span of two years production!

Does that get it close enough for you?

I guess, in this case, it all boils down to what you got for nuts!
Pun intended....
:roflol:

Last edited:
You can find a casting date on the transmission case. Tractor was probably built 2-6 months after that date.

Casting Dates

1592137576882.png

Latest posts

Back