• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Keith E's Man Land...

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kehrecke

displayname
Keith Ehrecke
"Man Land" update: Took the week off of work and spent it wiring the shop. It's a beautiful thing! I'm waiting for the inspector now to sign off on the wiring job so that I can proceed with insulating & hanging drywall. Tomorrow's project is to install drop-down stairs and a floor in the attic.
Keith

KEITH E. - I wired My shop when I built it almost 10 yrs ago. Finally insulated & drywall/paneled it about 2-1/2 yrs ago. BIG difference. Stays warmer in winter and cooler in summer... quieter, cleaner... well sorta... Buddy suggested I panel the walls with 1/2" plywood instead of drywall. Not quite as good of fire protection but much more durable and functional for very little extra cost..... Now all I have to do is paint & WALLPAPER it... I built soffits for the wiring and some IHC Wallpaper border My Wife found on-line just happens to be the correct width! SO COOL!

Denny, put the plywood behind a layer of drywall. The extra support is great as you don't have to find studs to hang shelves, etc.

"Man Land" passed the electrical inspection on the first pass. Scha-Wiing! Then the Co-op guy stopped buy to look over to quote on a Hot Dawg garage heater.

Denny:
My plan is to put up 5/8" OSB(?) on the bottom 4' and then do the top with drywall. Then it'll all get painted white and I should be able to tan in there with all the lights I've got placed. Also put a TV/cable outlet in one corner, future under-cabinet lighting and also allowed for track lighting over the bench. I'm gonna ask for a fridge for my birthday so that the cool tools can be close at hand.

Great day in the shop.
Keith

Keith E

good luck on 'Man Land'... be prepared for ridcule, comments, and funny looks when you persue a painting of 'Dogs playing Poker' to round out the garage. I got my traffic light last summer, (see profile for pic of the 'garage-mahal') and all I need is the dog painting....

Red-Greens' man's prayer would be good right about now...

"I'm a man, I can change, If I have to, I guess..."
biggrin.gif

Keith -
buttrock.gif
Sounds like a good plan. Don't forget a few "Pinup pictures"....

I'm actually going to have two shops. The wood shop will be in the basement, and then in my 3 car garage, one bay is going to be set up for working on cars and Cubs. I don't like to generate sawdust where I also have used motor oil... they just don't mix well.

Besides, who wants to do an engine rebuild in a room full of sawdust? Even with dust control, there is still a chance for dust.

Speaking of engine rebuilds, did anyone catch the write ups on the other side of the street? They were pretty good. Im thinking I would like to get a 12 horse Kohler and build it up. I did it on my car, and even though the head has failed twice, I'm pretty confident that I could build a Kohler with no trouble. What do you guys think about turning a 12 horse block into a 14 horse?

Chuck

Keith don't forget a couple 220 outlets for a welder & air compressor. even if you don't need them or think you'll need them you never know. eiasier done now than later. I added a phone, intercom to the house & a cable for our satalite dish out to the shop when I did ours. those little mini friges are nice in a shop. don't take up much space
You may want to consider a furnace that hangs from the cieling if you are planning on working with gas in the winter. local fire dept recomended it . alot of garage fires are caused by low pilot lights and spilled gas. you might want a window for a window AC unit. I put one in mine and love it.

Chuck. you can do a 12 to a 14. make sure you have a thick enough block. We've done a few over the years. 2 have come apart because of cracking in between the cooling fins. usually the 3rd fin down. after that the blocks junk. but it is cheap hp. it's a waste of time to port if you don't take the time to grind the valves and seats to different angles other than stock. reshaping the underside of the valve helps to.you can do all you want to the port, air cleaner, exhoust and carb to increase flow but the valves and seats can't handle the increase in flow so it stalls. once you deal with that you pick up substantial gains. we've made 19.9 hp out of a 14 with stock ports with no problem.

for you guys out east the NQS pull in Bloomsburg PA is coming up June 10th & 11th. unfortunatly I won't be there (daughters B-day)

Don, Keith...

Don't forget Cat 5 wiring!
happy.gif
That way the 'puter has a place for it's high speed internet connection...

Don V:
I'm already covered on the 220v & cable TV. Don't want a phone or intercom out there - just solitude. I'll have a 60-75k BTU ceiling-mounted furnace. Got windows for an AC unit. Planning on a mini fridge. My son's thinking a sofa would be good to lay on while watching movies.

Just got done with a nap and it's time to back to work adding the folding stairs and attic floor.

TTFN,
Keith

And we all thought Keith sold his yeller-tractor stock off 'cause he was tired'a tractors...

...it's 'cause he needed room for construction!

Damn Keith, it's contageous!! Putting up a 56'X60'. The shop area will be 40'X60 with a 16'X60' storage area. Geothermal heating/cooling, etc. I've always wanted a big shop, so I'm going whole-hog!! Here's ther color scheme I'm going with.
30680.jpg

Photo courtesy of Steve B

And when do we get to see some inside shots?

Sure looks nice! Nice and big too!

I'm working on a smaller scale. I'm putting a 10'x24' lean-to addition onto my 10'x18' shed. The Cubs will finally have a place to park inside. :eek:)

30700.jpg

Rick, that's not it. I just want those colors. I just broke ground a week ago, and we keep getting rain (of course).

Not too bad for a 30 mph photo.....

Oh well hell, reading it again I should've gotten that part.
rolleyes.gif

Hey at least you got the fridge sorted!
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back