• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Items Stolen From My Cabin

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Just thought I should post this in case anyone comes across any of the Whitetail, Mule Deer, Walleye or Bear mounts. Also stolen were my Elk antlers a bunch of unmounted deer antlers and sheds. Bow saws, snowshoes, books and a bunch of other stuff.

238197.jpg

The 11 point Whitetail, the bear the bow saw, the Walleye, the painting and the hoof mount in the above photo were all stolen.

238198.jpg

The 8 point Whitetail, the second bow saw, the Elk antlers, the brown cowboy hat in the loft and again the Bear and first bow saw in the above photo were all stolen.

238199.jpg

The books and antlers on the built in book shelf was stolen. The wall clock was knocked down and broken to get the antlers that were on top of it (again an older photo)

238200.jpg

The stuff on the mantle, the snow shoes, the cast iron kettle (this is an older photo there were actually two kettles stolen) and the wood ammo box in the above photo were all stolen.

238201.jpg

238202.jpg

Here's a photo of the book case and wall clock with the antlers on top. The lower part of the book case has DVD and VHS tape storage. All the DVDs were taken but thankfully the VHS tapes were left. They did take the 8 brown cased VHS tapes on the second shelf, they are from the North American Hunting Club and are hunting related videos.

238206.jpg

Kraig-

I'm very sorry to hear of the theft. It's a terrible feeling to find out bad people have crossed over into your personal lives. I certainly hope you had insurance. Better still I hope the thieves are found out and your stuff safely recovered.

I hate a thief.

Wayne, Thanks. Yes it's insured but the loss of the elk antlers from the only elk I've shot and my fathers last deer, the 11 point, are especially hard. The bear belonged to a coworker who hunts with us and the 8 point belonged to one of my older cousins who hunts with us.

It looks so bare now.
sad.gif

238208.jpg

238209.jpg

238210.jpg

238211.jpg

238212.jpg

Kraig,, that makes me mad

the dirtbags should be drug behind a 169 at WOT thru a field of canadian thisstle

I would scout all the local yard sales in your area. I bet some of what you lost will show up .I had some tools stolen a few years back ,I had everything all engraved and found some of it at a yard sale. walked to the next table and bought a kids bat and when back over . I all most got arrested ,But he will remember me GGRRRR.When I see him driving his car I point a finger at him and he looks quick the other way <> GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr

Sorry to hear that. I hope you catch the thievin' s.o.b.'s. I too have been robbed so I know what it feels like.
sad.gif

Don, we plan to hit as many garage sales in the area around our cabin during the last weekend in May as is possible. That weekend is Memorial Day weekend and there are lots of garage sales. We have already stopped by several antique dealers and intend to stop at a bunch more. I will be putting together an email with photos and descriptions of certain items to blast to as many antique, second hand stores and pawn shops in northern Wisconsin, northern Minnesota and Michigan's UP as I can get email addresses for. The Elk antlers and the deer mounts are easy to spot. The snowshoes have some damage that I repaired that makes them easy to ID them.

I am sorry to hear of the theft Kraig!!!! It sucks when someone thinks they are "entitled" to someone elses stuff!!!!!

I can think of another mount I would like to see replace some of the missing mounts of yours...... we will just leave it at that........

Kraig, I would also watch Ebay, and Craigslist for your stuff also. A handy tool for this, if you have not discovered it yourself is...

http://www.searchtempest.com/

You can put in what your are looking for, a search radius and it will check all the Craigslist in that radius... it will also pull in eBay and Amazon results as well. Hit the pawn shops along with the other places you listed. I would also hit any local hunting, fishing, sporting supply stores. Someone could have come in asking for somewhere to unload your items.

Good luck, I hope you get everything back, in the condition it was in, last time you saw it.... and that new mount I mentioned earlier.......

Scott, thanks for the search tool! We have been looking on craigslist and ebay. I had not thought of sporting goods stores Excellent idea!! I know of a few that I will add to the email blast.

Regarding "another mount" would that be a successful hunt on my part, chasing this guy?
happy.gif

238228.jpg

Kraig, I'm sure Charlie has noted your losses, be sure he gets a photo list. You know his alternate site, someone may try to unload things on him. Good luck.

Allen, yep, Charlie and I have already exchanged a few emails. He's on it!
happy.gif

Here's a detail of the 11 point. Note the cowlick in the fur on the back of the neck and the odd for a Whitetail, split tines.

238233.jpg

The Mule Deer has one brow tine that goes sideways, here's a photo of it when it was still in my parent's basement.

238234.jpg

Kraig, Mabey the new mount Stott spoke of would be a part of that mans anatomy. Hope you find your stuff.

Dave,
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
I bet you're correct! Not sure I'd want that mounted though...
angel.gif

Kraig, if not already in the planning...make up a photo list that has a short description of the items and make it available to the members out your way. Either by a separate listing somewhere or by you e-mailing it on request of a member.

Allen, as soon as I get done with the list for the police and insurance I will be starting on the email to send to antique dealers, pawn shops, sporting goods stores and anyplace else that I can think of. That same email could be sent to anyone that would like it.
happy.gif

Those are some beautiful trophies, Kraig. It is beyond me why anyone would steal someone else's mounts. It could never be worth as much to someone else as it is to the person who bagged it. From your posts over the years, I'm sure you've observed and appreciated each and every animal on the wall.

I am sorry for your loss, and even if you get them back, I'm sure your life has been diminished by the event. I encourage you to console yourself with reflections on what really matters in this life. Unfortunately, the things you lost were the very things that probably reminded you of what matters.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss.

Heaven knows your pain, even if I don't.
angel.gif

Back