• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Items Stolen From My Cabin

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would it be legal to post the list with pictures on CL? I think a fair share of those people get caught cause they brag about it, not all thier friends might think thats cool.

Kraig sorry about your loss.I know how you feel. I had about 5000 $ in tools stolen a few years ago. I found one chain hoist at the flea market and took it but the guy wouldn't tell me where he got it.He was afraid of the guy he bought it from. I just took it and told him when he found some of my other stuff i would reward him by not kicking his A$$ any more.

Kraig, I'm sorry and literally sick after seeing/reading this thread.......

Earlier this morning I found a rather wet dollar bill on the asphalt in Hudson, here I thought it was a great way to start my day. Then I see this.

Certainly email me your list when you can. I will forward it to my friends too!

Thanks for all the kind thoughts and suggestions. Here's some more detail photos.

My cousin's 8 point.

238252.jpg

My coworkers Black Bear.

238253.jpg

Here's a composite photo of the snowshoes. Note the tip of the shoe on the right. It was broken at some point and I repaired it. Due to the tension of the raw hide lacing I was not able to stretch it perfectly back into shape so it is slightly flat instead of rounded.

238255.jpg

This is a mount of the front hooves from the 11 point Whitetail. The reason we had these mounted is because the one hoof is bent. My cousin had spotted the odd tracks that he left and had been referring to him as "Old Splay Toe" for several months prior to the deer season. My father had them mounted as a joke for my cousin.

238256.jpg

Kraig-

I have a feeling you will be recovering some of the stuff because of all of the "uniqueness". I was hoping this last post from you was about the police finding out something or even catching the bad guys.

I was broken into in the mid 80s with no insurance and all of my guns/rifles were taken. One of them was an old Marlin .22 model 81-C bolt action repeater my father bought me when I was 10. It wouldn't have brought more than $5 on the black market but was priceless to me. Also was stolen was a Pentax K-1000 with lots of accessories. I'm sure you remember those old 35MMs. Nothing has ever been recovered.

It sounds like you're doing all of the right things. The word "reward" can do a lot in uncovering some stuff too. It might make people that know things come forward.

Good luck and I do hope you get it all back.

Kraig - this is just terrible. I see you've had alot of suggestions and are making efforts to find your property. I'm probably to far away to see any of these items but the pictures certainly provide good evidence and I'll watch for anything like this to come up. I hope you have at least some success, and they actually catch these people.

Here's some more detail photos of the stolen items.

Two bow saws.

238272.jpg

238273.jpg

A painting and a framed photo.

238274.jpg

238275.jpg

ok the more stuff that comes up missing meens more pulls thru a thistle feild for the dirtbags..

just trying to get a giggle out of ya Kraig during a bad time

Jeff, thanks.
happy.gif
happy.gif

I think my list is mostly complete it's just finding the photos of the items. My revised plan is to post the photos and descriptions of the main items here and on a gun forum that I frequent. Then I can just email the link to the thread to antique dealers, pawn shops, thrift/second hand stores, sporting goods stores and so on along with a description. I'm going to link to the thread on the gun forum as it's more open to viewing without a username/password, I can edit it to add photos and stuff to the original post and it displays the posts from the top down so my original post is the first one that shows up.

Kraig-

How secluded is the cabin? Have you checked the area around the cabin? I've heard of victims of theft that have found stolen items piled up like the thieves meant to come back for more. The time I got broken into there was a pile of stuff by the back door including my Gibson Dove out of its case. The deputies said they had planned to return but rarely do.

Just a thought.

Wayne, VERY secluded. The property it's on is 40 acres surrounded by literally thousands of acres of county forest land. The closest cabin is several miles away. Not sure where the closest residence is. Great suggestion. I'll be up there tomorrow to meet with the insurance agent. I'll have to have a look around to see if they stashed anything. THANKS!

You have a Gibson Dove? SWEET! I have a, ummm, copy of one. Was my first guitar. Got it when I was 13. My parents bought it from Montgomery Wards.
bannana_guitar.gif

238278.jpg

Kraig-

I'm so glad you were insured and hope the insurance pays for sentimentality as well.

I would definitely look around. It sounds pretty secluded so there's no telling what you might find.

Yep, this is the dove. We've been together since it was new in '81. The only thing I hate about the purchase is I traded two other guitars one of which was an SG. I just didn't know what I had at the time. I would have taken a pic in the house but there's not a clean spot big enough plus it's a dark house.

238284.jpg

It has some battle scars from time and partying but still sounds sweet as ever. It was lying on its side on concrete when I walked in the house with stero equipment beside it. They already had taken the guns and hit me on a motorcycle according to the squiggly tire tracks (and the deputy). The saddest part is I/we knew who was responsible but could prove nothing so...

I like that cherry sunburst on yours. My room mate in college played a cherry sunburst hummingbird. Mine is the tobacco sunburst as you can see. I was a smoker at the time so it fit.

None yet. We keep searching craigslist and ebay though. The searchtempest.com that Scott posted helps speed that process up. The County Sheriff has a nice long list of stuff and a CD with photos of lots of the items. Sure glad we took lots of photos, (somewhere just over 17,000 photos) of the cabin over the years. While time consuming I was able to crop the various photos to get specific detail photos of the bigger items. Also helped remind us of what we had in a few cases. Hard to believe all the stuff they stole.
angry.gif

Kraig was there anything ever recovered? or updates?

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"

Hang in there , someone will slip up that knows something and it will get back to you. I hope you do recover some of what was taken. later Don T

Back