• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

International Super W-4

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prtombaugh

displayname
Paul Tombaugh
289916.jpg

I just noticed there was a section for the Cub Cadet's larger relatives, so will post here. I just got my 1953 International Super W-4 back from being restored. The work was done by Nick Bartels of Bartels Sandblasting and Restoration in Monroe, Wisconsin. Nick delivered it to me at a local, 80% "green" tractor show. Naturally I parked it right in the middle of the green pack. Priceless!

289917.jpg

PAUL - Nice looking SW-4. Wife keeps after me to get my '54 Stg II Super painted up pretty.

See you got one of those shiny SS Original spec mufflers on your SW-4. The new commonly available mufflers do NOT sound like the old mufflers from the 1960's.

I should check Bartels out, that's not that far away. Did you have base coat/clear coat paint or automotive paint? or plain old IH 2150 with hardener?

Looking good Paul! That was a long time coming. How was the F&F show?

Thanks Tom and Dennis. It turned out pretty good. We probably went too far on the restoration, but with only 2527 Super 4's built, decided to do the equivalent of a JD Expo certified restoration. Nick is a perfectionist and you really have to see his work in person to really appreciate it. The base is Wanda (made by PPG) urethane in IH 2150 red with a sanded and buffed clear.

Very nice ride!!!! You should be rightfully proud of that one!!!!

Simply one very great restoration!!!! Congratulations Paul T.

Latest posts

Back