• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IHC Fire Trucks

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wcompton

displayname
Wyatt Compton
http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/chicago,il/auction/view?auc=358129

I found for sale on the Chicago Public Surplus website a 1976 IHC 2-door cab-over for sale. Back in it's day (as far as I can find information) it was Chicago Fire Department Truck54 or Truck46, a 1976 Seagrave Tiller (front & rear steering ladder truck).

Hopefully some more will post pictures of older IHC fire apparatus.

MAN! How can it be in POOR condition with only 15,561 miles on it? Wonder what kind of diesel engine it has? Little single axle CargoStar like that I almost bet it's a 3208 CAT but could be a DT-466.

Guy over on the RPM forum was asking about IH's Dual ignition on a 549 CID V-8 gas engine used on fire equip. a week or two ago. Pretty complex system, had two complete ignition systems on one engine, right down to two plugs per sylinder, engine could run on either one or both systems.

Dennis:

Being a former Volunteer Firefighter, fire trucks traditionally don't have alot of miles, but a lot of engine run hours on them. They can sit at a fire scene for hours running their motors and not move an inch.

ROLAND - Yep, those huge PTO-powered pumps have to run. Lots of other trucks also get lots of hours run up on them, DAD used to drive transport for FS, a large farm co-op in the midwest, FS stood for Farm Service, later became Growmark Industries. Lots of the tank farms He hauled fuel and fertilizer to He had to pump off the loads using His PTO also. And the ready-mix trucks I drove summers when I was in college spent a lot of time idling while unloading, typical pour was 15 to 30 minutes away from the batch plant and it took an hour or longer to unload.

I think the biggest difference between a fire truck and any other kind of truck is the care and maintenance they get. Most of the trucking companies I've driven for have had their own repair shops and at least one mechanic but that doesn't mean they did anything more than just keep them running.

I've seen several Brush Trucks advertised for sale in RPM, typically a HD 3/4 ton or 1-ton, 345 or once there was a 392-powered truck, always 4X4, and Red, and VERY low miles. Couple of them would have made nice companions for My F-250 Powerstroke.

Dennis:

I can't speak for all Fire Departments, but in ours, our trucks were kept in tip top shape.

thumbsup.gif

WYATT - Edgerton WI. had their brush truck running around the grounds on Saturday too... 1-ton SRW IH that was in excellent shape for a truck over 35 yrs old!

Seemed like every place Curt & I went on Dad's M We saw that truck.

just today i mounted a blue dash light onto my 123 i use my cub to get to the station when my pager goes off if you want ill post pictures of it infront of
the firehouse

Seeing IHC fire trucks is a near-daily occurance for me, so it takes something different to draw my interest.

2013 International 7500 with a 1250gpm front-mounted pump, painted Federal Yellow. This one is heading to Oregon replacing a 1978 Ford of similar layout. There's an IH Red twin heading out to the same fire district!
283170.jpg

WYATT has EVERY young boy's dream job.... He gets to play with FIRE TRUCKS Every day! ;-)

Latest posts

Back