• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Refrigerators

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
We're looking for a cheapy garage fridge for the "extra" pop and beer that always seems to pile up on the garage floor...

Are the old <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> units energy-hogs? Assuming a guy finds a good running unit, can they be trusted, or is my electric meter going to need a couple of zerk-grease fittings to keep from burning up?

215672.jpg

I see they are "femineered". I'm not going to comment on THAT!
biggrin.gif

Looks like
ihrotate.gif
coined the femineered term.
smile.gif
215699.jpg

ART - The Energy consumption sticker on my 1950 vintage IH fridge is pretty faded, plus a 1950 Dollar bought more than today's Dollar so I don't know how relavent it would be anyhow.

There's still a lot of IH fridges & freezers still running, but something newer will run a lot cheaper. The biggest problem would be the door gaskets are all hard, brittle, and fall apart which causes them to leak cool/cold air.

They do make great storage and a nice conversation piece.

By today's standard, those old refrigerators of yesteryear are BIG energy hogs. It was common to see amperage ratings of 7 to 8 amps on those units, while new refrigerators today can run under 2 amps.

I wouldn't mind having one of those myself, some of the models had great badging. I really am not a huge fan of most network tv shows but I always like to see the old International Harvestor in the background of the show 'Friends' on NBC.

I've been wantin & lookin for one of those I.H.
coolers myself for my MT. DEW in my shop.
THEY seem to be kinda scarce in this neck of the woods.

Ok I found this for sale the other day and wanted to ask questions but after Dons truck deal I decided to wait untill it was on my property.

I just got it home and am wondering if anyone can shed some light on it, I do not the model or year so any info will help.

I will try plugging it in tommorrow to see if it works.

235046.jpg

235047.jpg

235048.jpg

235049.jpg

235050.jpg

Jeff about all I can tell you about your "fridge" is it looks like the one that was in the appartment of the series "Friends". YUP a IH fridge in a hit TV series.

Shultzie

Flames on a "fridge" ! not for me , I would like my beeverage to be stored in one spot ! That is like the seal shells the women like to put in a washroom . Heck I think the Fifth wheel camper has some real shells on the shelf.

I guess I`am not a fan for flames on anything.But the 1 one "color" would look sharp .
old.gif
beerchug.gif

Just picked up a second fridge today, model A85 made in May 1955. I also found my other fridge is a A75 made Nov. 1955

The owner said he doesn't remember why or when it quit, so I will go over it.
The light does come on so its encoraging. heres some pics

242808.jpg

242809.jpg

242810.jpg

242811.jpg

Back