• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Lawn Sweeper

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brhodes

displayname
Bill Rhodes
Who is the yard broom master here?
Have a have a yard broom from 1972 - 1975 range.
that looks to be 32 inch broom 38.5 wheel to wheel (in side)

numbers on it are 193-366-100
Ser. # 1340008u then smaller # 002284

Can't find a Model # all start with 190-xxx-100

Looking for new hard rubber tires. If available.

Thanks in advance

Bill R.

Nope he dint get moved.
He started this thread on his own.
Which technically should have been on the main forum board, if it actually turns out to be Cub/Ih related.wink wink
beerchug.gif

A pic would help a bunch.
thumbsup.gif

Ah, yes Bill. I see what you mean by #s start with 190-xxx-100 series. But maybe some of the wheels are common to all sweepers. Don't know where you will find parts. Maybe they are third-party items with some other lookups. Sears mfgr maybe.

After some more hunting around it seems Agri-Fab, Brinly, Ohio Steel and Sears all had Sweepers. The Sears one is by Agri-fab, so who knows who made the others.

ALLEN - As I told Bill on the main forum, PARKER was the big player on lawn sweepers back then.

Many OEM's sold Parker sweepers painted in their OEM colors.

Thank you all for places to start.
I will take a couple pic and add them.

Been at work the past few night just leaves time for eat sleep and work. Got to pay for the Cubs some how.

Thanks again.
Bill

Ok tried for over a hour to resize the photos.

I can croup but not resize............

First time I've tried it on this computer. I hate to say it but I'm going to wait till the wife gets home..............

destroy.gif

Bill

Hey all.
Just got off the phone with a guy from Parker.
(Thank you Dennis)
Tyler was his name. He spent near an hour on the phone with me, looking over " yellowed pages" "hand written notes" and finds out what the new # is a
Parker TE-7736.. I had to ask to talk with his manager to give him a high five. He will try to send me a owners manual via email and did get me the parts brake down of the model.
He laughed several times. Made no promise if the parts were available, but did tell me to call any dealer to see.

http://www.jackssmallengines.com/Parker-PDF/parker-TE-7736.pdf

It looks like it's the one. Just put a Cub Cadet
over the Parker sticker in front.

Thank you
Bill

Thank you Charlie

290562.jpg

290563.jpg

After 40 years I guess it's OK to show a little wear and tear

290564.jpg

BILL - Looks VERY similar to the Parker sweeper I had for 20 yrs. Mine was a 30-32 inch wide push type that I made my own drawbar for so I could pull it. I also added a 3 inch channel iron almost 3 feet long across the top of the cast end plates of the sweeper portion so I could add weight to it to keep the wheels spinning, not sliding. I had two 50-60 pound chunks of steel that I C-clamped into the channel iron, really helped performance.

It worked much better with just grass clippings, it filled up too fast with leaves in the fall. But it did an Excellent job of picking up grass clippings, leaves, even pine cones, small sticks, twigs, etc.

After so many years I'm suprised the brushes are still functional! They nylon or other plastic? My father had one many years ago that had fibre bristles, like a low cost broom. They eventually wore out or rotted away. Like Dennis mentioned, we had a Sycamore tree with giant leaves and that filled up the hopper real fast. I don't see a mower deck so I guess you cant grind then pickup for better capacity.

This one works well. Dad got it new some time after he got his 107. 1972-1975 range. It has a plastic type brush that do have split ends on most of the bristles, but still there. Yes you're right grass works best. Leaves, it does OK with Maple and other lighter leaves. Oak we have to mow first. And yes it does fill up fast. On the plus side it gives us more seat time
happy.gif

I've been looking at older Lawn Vac's. Thinking It might be a good project, but Dad still loves this one and not sure if he wants to change.

I ordered the tires on the 29th still have not heard if they will be shipped or end up on one of those back orders that mean you will get it when there is a cold day while in the state of perdition.

Once we get them (or make them) I'm betting we will have to heat them up before getting them on. Last time we tried putting solid rubber tires on was with a green pedal tractor also from the early 70's, that was a chore.

Bill

Back