• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH cub rebuilding help!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

packard

displayname
Paul Ackard
hello all i'm new to this forum and hope i'm posting in the right place! I was wondering if anyone knows of any books or better yet videos of how to rebuild a cub cadet IH garden tractor? as far as like tearing it apart and replacing broken parts and such forth. any help would be appreciated!!! thanks!!!!! also i own a 582 standard so if there is some info on one of them that would be great!

If you click on the link to my website in my signature line and navigate to the "100 Restoration" page, you'll see that I documented the whole process of restoring a tractor from start to finish. It might help you some. By the way, your 582 is a garden tractor and not a lawn tractor, so future posts should be in the main forum.

Paul A., WELCOME!
wave.gif
groupwave.gif
wave.gif

Oscar "Hank" Will III, wrote a book titled "Cub Cadet: the first 45 Years" A great book on Cub Cadets, he has a whole chapter on refurbishing a Cub Cadet, I believe the subject tractor is a model 109. A great book for anyone with a Cub Cadet. Some of the forum sponsors, see the colorful links above, might carry the book. Hank, BTW, is a great guy, he used to post here on occasion but is now so busy with work since he took an editing job at a magazine that he doesn't get time.

Matt G., mentioned his website, have a look there he did a great job on his 100 and has some great tips, note the way he has parts hanging for painting using a ladder.
thumbsup.gif

Also check out THIS SERIES of posts by Don Tanner, he refurbished a model 1512 Diesel, Cub Cadet

Latest posts

Back