• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Plow Day 10.0, October 22, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It did not rain enough here today to settle the dust. It is dry enough, we could take some rain and still be able to plow. From what they are talking here I really do not see a concern. So, those on the fence, plan on coming and enjoying the dirt.

Oh, I will be at the site on and off all day on Friday. If anyone wants to come Friday and set up your plow or vendor spot or whatever shoot me an email and I'll give you my cell number. Like I stated before, we can grill out or something. Maybe make a few rounds after dark.

Had a little get together to get everything adjusted. Thought I would share some pics.
31494.jpg

31495.jpg

31496.jpg

31497.jpg

Attachments

• 31494.jpg
    31494.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 147
  • 31497.jpg
    31497.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 31496.jpg
    31496.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 31495.jpg
    31495.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 31497.jpg
    31497.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 31496.jpg
    31496.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 31495.jpg
    31495.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 157
  • 31494.jpg
    31494.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 144
Ever been to an IL plow day that wasn't wet????? I can only remember two, and I oughta know....
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 155
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 150
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 146
Steve if you guys are still dry, you could take a little rain and it wouldn't hurt a thing.

Rick, the weather I just looked at said 30% chance of rain and 58 degrees. So we will go with that one. I'm with Steve though. If we could get down to like 40 degrees and 50 mile an hour winds it would seem normal for Illinois.

Rob,

We could take a LOT of rain...BUT, not right before the event (evening before/day of)...BTDT!!!! Hard soil IL soil with 3/4" of wet stuff (read GREASE) on top will stop a GT right now!!!!

I'm not worried about it happening or not yet....way too much time has to pass before Glen gets to make a call....and you are very right, as long as the top is firm, rain will only help the plowing.

Should be a good time Glen!!!!!

Yup, it's changing every forecast for the better.
cool.gif

Attachments

• cool.gif
    cool.gif
    451 bytes · Views: 152
It's pretty safe to say that the host has until 7pm the night before an event to make a weather related call. If you travel earlier than that, it's at your own risk (we've all had to accept that responsibility for ourselves at previous events). Giving Glen until 7pm Friday lets him make the absolute best decision about the right thing to do.

When you host it's very stressfull to see rain in the forecast before an event (especially when you need to postpone, or decide to go and plow in the mud....BTDT, bought both T-shirts).

Glen will make the right call, and from the looks of things right now, we'll all have some fun on Saturday
happy.gif
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 155
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 154
bouncy.gif
Fun! Fun! Fun!

I'm bringing the 1200 but will be shooting video to send up to Kraig.

Hmm, now to figure out how to mount a coffee pot on the 1200...

Attachments

• bouncy.gif
    bouncy.gif
    2 KB · Views: 148
Rick, while you're fabricating that coffee pot mount you may as well include a video camera mount with a dynamic stabilizer. Or an outrigger seat for a camera man (or woman) to sit on. :eek:)

LOL! I was thinking about a steady cam mount
clown.gif

Maybe next time... I don't think the output from the charger is going to be enough to power a 400w inverter. So the coffee pot will be replaced by a thermos
coffee.gif

Attachments

• clown.gif
    clown.gif
    178 bytes · Views: 143
  • coffee.gif
    coffee.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 153
Rick, you could always strap a percolator coffee pot to the exhaust.........

Haha! That would be funny as hell!
bubbly.gif

Sorry for hijacking the thread guys!

To get back on topic - is anyone planning on meeting prior to plowing? i.e. the Rochelle Petro?

(Message edited by rmunday on October 20, 2005)

Attachments

• bubbly.gif
    bubbly.gif
    9 KB · Views: 152
I'll be stopping at the Petro with a couple of friends beforehand. I am sure that we will see others there as well. Can't wait to do some plowing. Getting the original ready tonight and the rest ready tomorrow and loaded up friday night. I believe that brings us to, 40 Hours 00 Minutes and 30 Seconds until Registration Begins.
worthless.gif

31551.jpg

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• worthless.gif
    worthless.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 154
  • 31551.jpg
    31551.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 135
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 31551.jpg
    31551.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 144
What are the gas prices in IL. Is it better to gas up North or South of the <strike>toll booth</strike> state line?

Prices out by Glen are not too bad.. I filled up north of him Sunday for $2.55/gal Unleaded.

Reg begins at 8:00 AM and I'd guess it's 20 minutes to his place from the Petro... 6:00ish guys?

Oh - the one at 64 & 39 right?

Latest posts

Back