• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cadet 76 parts

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I need a book. I put the freshly rebuilt motor back into the tractor. I can't get power from the switch to the starter, and when I go directly to the starter, I am getting smoke from under the battery tray. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this tractor? Thanks.

42954.jpg

Many thanks for the diagram. I see there is a service manual from an above sponser available. Time to support those that support us.

Binder Books has all of the manuals you'll ever need,

Hello to all. I was recently given a original SO76. The actually started after sitting for about 5yrs, but anyway after I did a little cutting and my son rode for a while, the steering is messing up. I was wondering what other steering pieces from other ih cadets would fit it or does it have to be a mod 76?

Charlie B: Those parts must be for/from an IH Lawn Tractor, 76,80,81,111 etc.

Cardinal Rule # 1: Air up the front tires to at least 20 lbs....Soft, mushy tires will kill the LT steering system...

If you get under there and tighten all the nuts & bolts and keep the rack with the teeth algned and meshed with the steering shaft gear you'll be ok...Did I mention airing up the tires???

PS: Take your Owner/Operator's manual and lubricate the tractor, including steering parts, according to the lubrication guide found there.. Again...did I mention lubing the tractor??

I left several hints above...

Myron B

My SO76

62868.jpg

Thanks Myron. I do know that when you turn the gears are lifting apart from eachother. I will give the grease gun a work out on the tractor. I was thinking of tearing down and rebuilding but wasnt sure. It is better looking shape than Steve's pic of his but not as nice as yours. My cousin has a 104 will that work for the parts or is diff?

Charlie B: The 104 is a GARDEN Tractor...The 76 is a tractor-style LAWN MOWER!!! Other than the general shape and style....NOTHING matches!!! Capeesh??? I've already posted models that will interchange parts..

PS: My SO76 didn't look anywhere near that good when I started either :)-}>...

Lot's of TLC, the Operator's manual, the correct Parts manual, and the IH Service Manual for Lawn Tractors....All FOUR are necessary to get you looking like that!!

Myron B

Thanks Myron. I get it only IH lawn tractors. I will get my pics on here as soon as I can get a pic that is not to big to put on

I have a Cadet 76 I am trying to restore.It was electric start originally but someone took the starter off. Can someone tell me what starter I need for this.

Hi Tony D: Parts Manual TC-157 says that you need a Briggs & Stratton 394805 starter. A B&S 390307 is also shown to have been used at some point. Manuals are available at www.binderbooks.com

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Scott K: The Model 76 36" deck spindle belt is a 954-3011 (1/2 x 68-1/2" Lawn & Garden) belt.

Myron B

Latest posts

Back