• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Idles Rough a lower speeds, and with blades engaged acts as if it’s bogging down. Any suggestions

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Blaume

IMG_7699.jpeg

Welcome Paul!
I'm not familiar with newer cub cadets, but I would be guessing it is starving for fuel, or the fuel could have gone bad.
Other members will soon give more knowledgeable suggestions.

Years ago, the B&S motors on push mowers were notorious for that. I replaced a flywheel key once that you could barely see a mark on it, and you could not fell the mark. That fixed it though.

Paul,assuming that engine is a twin Kohler...my uneducated thoughts go to carb blockage inside the carb..point being not enough fuel to maintain rpm..depending on engine mod. if carb has adjustment screws or not..I've worked on a lot of modern cubs(not an xt1)...modern carbs the jets are so small it doesn't take much to throw the ratio out of balance...If I were working on it I would remove and clean carb completely...you have basically changed everything ....when you kick the deck in it's a load needing more fuel. that's my only clue.....

Make sure the fuel is getting to the engine. Pull the fuel line running from the pump to carb. Put the hose in a jar. Spin the engine over to observe the amount off fuel delivery. Should be a good pulsating stream.

Paul, you've got a lulu going on...Jerry said ,valve clearance,I agree.Have you seen any mouse wire damaged when the shroud was off?...There are so many possibles to a rough idle so there is really no magic answer...Is this engine single or dual coil.. a chance of 1 bad coil?? Can you turn deck easily by hand if so then it is engine related which brings me back to fuel... Is fuel pump vacuum type? Is line good and tight?...From this distance I'm sorry I can't be more help but I can only read what you write....Square 1 is start over and check every possibility again...sorry

Symptom sounds like fuel starvation.

1) Possible fuel tank lines restricted at the bottom of the tank, there may be a fitting that is clogged up depending on how its all plumbed in there. Had similar problem last summer with diesel John Deere units, every one had sediment strainer on the pick up tube full of dirt , years worth, blew it out with air.

2) Possible rubber fuel hoses getting old and restricted on the inside, replace all supply hoses.

Hope this helps.

It's difficult to believe it is starved for fuel at idle and still runs at full throttle. A very interesting problem. I can't wait to hear the solution. It sounds as if the fuel system has been totally replaced.

Rough idle. Yet it runs up to high RPM. Gets cranky while under a load... I'm thinking, bad Spark. Make sure ignition wires are not jumping spark to the engine block. I had a problem with bad insulation right at the spark plug boots

Latest posts

Back